Chapter 1 - Drafted

[Lacey's POV]

I hold back my tears as I adjust my fiance's tie. He could tell I was upsetting.

"I'll be home soon, my dear. I promise," he said, holding my face in his white gloved hands.

My soon-to-be husband is Lieutenant Gerard Arthur Way of the U.S. Marine Corps.

The year is 1944, and he was drafted to fight in the World War II. I didn't want him to go for two reasons.

1- He could get killed, and i'll end up a widow or a spinster.

2- I am 2 months pregnant with our child. He may not be here on time for the birth of his child.

3- Our little daughter, Bandit, will grow up without a father if he doesn't make it home.

4- His little brother and friends will also fight in the war, my cousin along with them.

 I snifle as tears fall down my face and he wipes them away gently with his thumb.

"I'm just so scared," i said.

My name is Lacey Toro. I grew up during war, even lost my father in the first world war. I met Gerard a year later in Washington, D.C., after the war had ended, and soon we fell in love. I became pregnant with Bandit and she was born after we were stationed to a military base in New Jersey.

"I will come home soon," he said, kissing me softly, then gently placing his hand on my tummy, even if it wasn't grown yet. "And we can watch our baby grow together."

"Daddy!!" i hear a small voice shot from inside and then Bandit clutches to her father's leg.

"Don't go, Daddy!!" little Bandit cried.

Gerard kneeled down to her level.

"I'll be home soon, baby girl. Just stay tough for mommy, okay??" he said.

She sniffled a nod and he kissed her forehead.

He kissed one last time before collecting his bags and walking over to the bus, where my cousin, Ray, was already boarded with Frank, Bob, and Mikey. Ray was medic for the war.

Gerard saluted the general and then boarded the bus that soon took off.

I held back tears as me and Bandi made our way inside, me praying that our soldiers comes home soon.

~~~~~~~~

I've been meaning to post his a looooong time ago, but never got to it until now, so here it is, guys.

Picture is of Lacey (edited by me)------>>>

Should I continue??

FEEDBACK!! ^.^=