Saved draft #87

A few months later~

"Where are we going?" Itachi asked furrowing his brows and you chuckled from beside him, "patience baby, patience" you rubbed the side of his thigh.

Seated in Sasuke's car, Naruto behind the wheel, Itachi and you were comfortable on the back seat. The three of you knew well where you headed except for the elder Uchiha.

"Have we reached yet?"

You loosened the blindfold around Itachi's eyes but refused to take it off.

"Yeah,we're here" you mumbled into his ear before placing a kiss on the side of his jaw. He visibly stiffened but relaxed the moment you slipped off the silk that covered his eyes.

He kept his eyes closed, waiting for your instructions. Getting him out of the car,you guided him forward by placing both your hands on his shoulders.

"I sense a lot of chakra" he commented under his breath and you smiled, "That's because there are a lot of people".

He opened his eyes, while you, Naruto and Sasuke stood on either side of him. His jaw clenched at the sight that greeted him. There were hundreds of people standing before him, welcoming him to his own motherland, his very own Konoha.

Familiar faces of Kakashi, Gai, grown up Shikamaru, Neji, Rock Lee, Hinata and Sakura made up the front row. On one side stood the entire anbu force while the other comprised of citizens of the village and other young ninjas. Tsunade,  the hokage stood right at the front, her arms crossed with a big smile plastered on her face.

"What's all this?" Itachi furrowed his brows, turning to look at you for a brief second.

"Welcome back!" The lady hokage announced, grabbing his attention.

He nodded, his eyes still narrow and sharingan waiting to be activated.

She took two long strides before standing face to face with the Uchiha.
She grinned widely, "I'd like to cut down the details a bit. The thing is.." she paused to meet his eyes, "we all want you to be the next hokage".

That was so Tsunade like, and you bit your lip at how she got to the point without beating around the bush.

"I have spoken to the elders, we have discovered the truth behind the clan assassination" she glanced at you and you nodded, " thanks to (Y/N), she brought a lot to light" she extended her arm to place it for a moment upon your own.

Itachi didn't look at you but he felt uncomfortable. "Lady Tsunade, you're the right hokage. I don't think- " he started but she cut him short.

"Don't think! I don't have to die for the next hokage to take my seat. I'm well authorised to pass it on if need be." She glanced back at the crowd behind her once before continuing, " I hate to admit it but you're stronger than I'm and will make a better leader".

"Yeah! You killed that snake orochimaru! Granny Tsunade wouldn't be able to do that! " Naruto pushed himself into the conversation which only resulted in two pairs of eyes turning to glare at him. "Okay I'll shut up" he mumbled softly.

Tsunade then stepped back and nodded at the crowd behind her. At once they all got down on one knee while their right palm was clenched into a fist and placed over their chest. "The village wants you to be their head, to protect them and lead them" the woman said.

You along with Sasuke and his blonde friend got down on your knee in front of Itachi as well. A small, simple word left your lips, "please", followed by a second of eye contact, before bowing your heads.

Itachi's eyes softened, he closed them shut for a few seconds before motioning for everyone to stand up. You all obeyed wordlessly. All eyes were on the Uchiha when he cleared his throat to speak. You returned to your place by his side but kept distance.

"Firstly, thank you for welcoming me back into the village" he paused to gulp down the thick saliva, "and about the request to be the hokage- "

You smiled at him, nodding in approval, Naruto grinned wanting to hear an yes but-

"I don't think I deserve to be."

You could hear the entire crowd gasp, and Tsunade took a step forward but Itachi stopped her with a simple look.

" I intend to abide by the oath I once took as Konoha's ninja. I shall protect this village with my last breath, but for someone like me who assassinated his own clan, killed the two people who gave birth to him, put the ones who loved him through lots and lots of pain.." his eyes met yours and Sasuke's for a second, "I'm not eligible to be the hokage" he laughed. He sounded pained, his voice was heavy with guilt but his tone was oh so thankful and words were selfless.

Tears welled up in everybody's eyes irrespective of their age, social status and power.

"Thank you for everything. I'm sorry" he got down on one knee, before placing his strong fist on his chest, "I live and die for Konoha. Please let me be the silent guardian of the village and protect it with my life".

♡♡♡

"Why??" You tugged at Itachi's shirt as you stood in the middle of your new spacious house, located right in the middle of the village.

"I want you to be the hokage!" You shook him, your hands firm on his hips, your forehead pressing against his clothed chest.

"But I don't want it" he whispered in your ear causing you to scoot closer to him.

"What do you want then?"you asked.

"I want to live a normal life with you, just me and you, our children and- "

"What?" You gasped, looking up at him with slightly wide eyes. You knew on the inside that you two were meant to be together for ever but hearing him bring it up so suddenly took you aback.

"Marry me (Y/N)"he said plainly, kissing the top of your head and then the tip of your nose before leaning close to your lips. He didn't ask you a question, it was a statement, because he already knew your answer. He knew it since the time you saved your first draft for him. Your answer got clearer with ever single painful message typed down by the tips of your fingers. Even though you never sent any, he recieved it all. He knew it was a million times yes.

You leaned up to kiss him.His lips flush against yours as you hugged him close with hands around his waist. He cupped your face before angling his head ever so slightly to kiss you better.

His soft lips moved rythemically, sucking on your upper lip before biting down on it, making you let out a small chuckle.

"You know I love you right?" he pulled back only to peck your lips.

You smiled before poking his forehead slightly with two fingers, "you know I love you too right?".

THE END?

It was just a new beginning ♡