Saved draft #83

When you opened your eyes, you were still with him, clinging onto each other like your life depended on it. His hand still tight around your waist yours around his neck, everything was the same except the location you were in.

Itachi snuggled in closer but you were quick to push him away. You didn't really know where you were, but your surroundings seemed extremely familiar. The afternoon sun bright on your heads as the hot breeze greeted you.

Itachi took a step towards you as you took a step back. His breathing was uneven, as if he'd die any moment if you didn't let him touch you.

"Please.." his voice low and apologetic, yet his eyes devoid of any emotion.

You landed a strong punch against his jaw, causing him to whip to his side, blood spilling from his lips. He groaned, but straightened up immediately.

"That was for your parents" your voice cracked, "This is for Sasuke", your fist landed against his stomach making him cough out more blood. He squirmed, holding onto himself in pain, his eyes closing for a brief moment before opening back up.

He was limp under your touch, letting you manhandle him as much as you wanted.

"I'm- " he started, but you cut him off by grabbing the back of his neck, pulling him down before smashing his head against the wall behind you, causing the bricks to break and scatter as if it was a point blast.

Itachi lifted himself up with the help of his arms and you waited for him to stand up,but he didn't . He kneeled before you, head low, blood oozing out of his nose and mouth endlessly, fresh bruises pink and red against his fair skin.

You stepped away, eyes frowning and still not satisfied. He deserved to be hurt more. You wanted him to feel everything you felt, every sting of pain, every little tear shed by both you and his younger brother.

"It was hard" he spoke, trying his best to get himself up on his legs though they were borderline giving him out.

You pulled out your kunai, pointing it straight at his heart. Your sharingan was still active, while his eyes were pitch black. Itachi took another step forward causing the tip of the blade to dig into his skin.

"Feel the pain we felt" you muttered, voice threatening to crack.

He smiled a painful smile before taking another step, causing the metal to dig deeper into his flesh. "It was hard to do what I did",his voice barely a whisper yet audible to your ears. Blood stained his shirt and you watched him with cold eyes.

"It hurt, it hurt a lot" he confessed, his eyes staring you down.

You flinch at his words, but your grip on the kunai remains strong. The thought of him having to go through more pain than you made your heart sting but you had to put him through this so you remained motionless.

He took another step forward, the kunai now completely buried in his chest, your grip loosening and eyes threatening to water at his clothes drenched in blood.

"Oh? If it hurt so much, why did you do it then?" you mocked, all the pent up feelings emerging.

"They were orders" was his only response, "I kept my word. 'Village first, clan next, f-family last'" he quoted the oath you all once took as anbus making your eyes finally water.

You remain silent, willing to hear him speak. "I couldn't let my pain show. I-I had to stay cold" tears spilled from his eyes, as he let himself go.

You wanted to respond, but couldn't.

"Every draft you saved, broke me apart little by little" his hand reached out to yours and you stayed still.

"I-I never sent them" you stuttered.

"I know" he laughed, jaw clenching in pain immediately, "I brought you that phone for a reason" he paused making you stare at him wide eyed, not quiet getting his point.

"What?"

"I gave it to you the night before I- " he tried to explain and you just watched him, "I brought an identical one for myself. Everything you did on that device, showed up in mine..including the drafts".

You pulled the kunai out of his chest, making him gasp and almost topple over as pain shot through his body.

"You never responded" you spoke.

He didn't look at you but responded anyway, "I couldn't take the risk"

"Then what's the point of having connected phones? I was just an entertainment wasn't I? "

"No. Please don't say that" he stepped closer, only inches away from you. Placing a hand on your waist to hold you close and to support himself, he continued, "I wanted to keep you safe".

"I'm strong enough to protect myself" you retort.

"Now you are. Back then, you weren't. You cried all night remember?"

"Were you watching me?" You gasped.

"Always" he inched closer, he was bleeding too much and at this rate he would die any soon. It was a wonder how he hadn't lost consciousness yet.

"I'm sorry" you apologised, staring down at his black shirt which was even blacker, your heart brimming with guilt and a different form of pain.

"Shsshh" he placed his forefinger on your lips, brushing your lower lip with the tip of his thumb, "I missed you".

You closed the gap, pulling him closer by gripping his cloak. Your lips crashed against his and he quickly responded, both your eyes fluttering close. Itachi kissed you back like he hadn't breathed in so long and you were the air he needed.

He knew he wouldn't last longer, you weren't a medical ninja either. This was the end and he was glad to die in your arms.

He sucked on your lower lip when your tried to pull back, not wanting to let go. But, you cupped his face in your arms to break his lips from yours.

His eyes were still watery and your eyes weren't red anymore as you opened them. You smiled at him, pecking his lips and he was confused for a brief moment but the reality finally dawned on him.

He looked down at himself and found no blood, no pain. He was clean, the only thing that stained him were his tears. There was no wound on his chest and no bruises on his face. He had fallen once again in your genjutsu after so so long and you couldn't help but love it.

--

IDK. WAS IT OKAY? OR WAS IT CONFUSING? (I'll let u know when it's the last chap)