Chapter 25: "What a fucking sausage fest!"

Julian gave us both something to wear other than real clothes. He pulled on black sweatpants and handed me plaid drawstring pajama pants that hung all the way below my feet. When he saw the way they swallowed my legs he laughed and kissed my cheek. I turned red and smiled. For a top, I put on my regular T shirt.

 Albert made sure to stay in his room while we were out. Julian made me coffee while we sat at the breakfast bar and talked.

 "So how was high school without me?" I teased.

 "Not so great, I guess. I didn't do anything but write songs and stay in my room."

 "That can be considered good."

 "How?"

 "When you get rich and famous, those songs will pay off."

 Julian threw his head back and laughed loudly.

 "God, I hope so. But it's not for the money or fame."

 "That's what they all say, before the good stuff kicks in."

 "What's the good stuff?"

 "Oh, I don't know, drugs, popularity."

 "You're probably right."

 There was a long pause in which we took the opportunity to brainstorm clever conversation starters. I stayed silent and watched him watch me. Suddenly, Julian's phone rang. It was Nick, inviting him to breakfast. He quietly mentioned me and Nick was more than thrilled to invite me too.

 "What d'you say, wanna come?"

 "Are you kidding? I'd love to!"

 "Great! We should probably get dressed then..."

 After we got dressed, Julian notified Albert that we were leaving. He took my hand and let me out of his apartment and down to a taxi. I had flashes of the night before while walking down the halls of the building. They were mostly fading memories of rough kissing. I laughed at myself.

 Nick greeted me with a hug, explaining that he didn't get a chance to give me a proper one last night. At breakfast, Julian was identical to his high school self. He would purposefully bump heads with me and steal food off of my plate when I was distracted. then he would give me a smug grin while chewing.

 "I see you two are back to normal," Nick said while taking a sip of coffee.

 "Took us long enough." I playfully glared at Julian. He simply kissed the side of my head. 

 "So, Melody, did you have any boyfriends during your hiatus with Jules?" Nick asked.

 I looked down and bit my lip with a smile. "Nope."

 "What? Really?" Julian sat up straight.

 "Not one. I wasn't even interested in anybody."

 "Nuh-uh." Nick grunted.

 I nodded.

 Julian looked around awkwardly.

 "Julian dated a chick."

 I was sparked with curiosity. "Oh really?"

 "Yup." Nick nodded. "She dumped him."

 "Well that's her biggest flaw." I leaned on Julian's shoulder. I felt him laugh and he put his arm around me.

 I didn't see Julian for the rest of the week, but we talked on the phone every night. It brought back memories from our time together. On Thursday, after work, I decided to dig up my old journal I wrote while I was with him. It was conveniently timed, from two days before meeting him up to two weeks after moving into my apartment. I felt so young when I read all of the cute romantic entries like,