Chapter 11:"Julian."

"Head over heels. I'm so in love. I mean, I know you want me to talk about our sex but that's not what I always think about. I mean, it's great sex, yeah, but that's not what makes me feel this way." Julian was rolled over on his back, hair in his face as he stared up at the ceiling. "Honestly, I wouldn't care if anything happened, as long as Melody was with me." He finished talking and they sat in silence. I took the chance to walk back into the room.

    I looked over to Nick and smiled as I laid next to Julian. He rolled over onto his side and examined me."What're you talking about?" He put his arm between my ribcage and hipbone. "Oh, you know. Guy stuff, I guess." He pulled me closer to him and kissed my forehead. Nick grabbed the camera and took another picture.

  We all stopped drinking and just talked. We talked for hours until it was getting really late and Nick had to go home. Hours and hours of us taking pictures and laughing and just talking and talking. When Nick left, Julian and I sat on his bed and looked at each other again.

  "Julian." I said sleepily.

  "Melody?" He said back, blinking slowly.

  "I love you more than anything." I leaned forward and kissed him softly before he could say anything. It was slow and sweet and he moved with me perfectly, like always. I lifted myself up and he pulled me into his lap, my legs on either side of him. At this point, my head was above his and his face was angled up to meet my lips. 

  Julian eased his arms underneath my T shirt and we broke apart for him to pull it off of me. I rubbed his neck and we pulled his off as well. I pressed against his chest and pushed him down so I was straddling him. I sucked on his lip and he squeezed my breasts in his hands. I unhooked my bra and threw it across the room, onto a sofa chair in the corner. He grabbed me by the hips and flipped me over, so he was straddling me.

  He pulled off of my lips and kissed all around my jawline, searching for that one soft spot he had found before. His long brown hair hung in my face and it smelled like cigarettes and hotel shampoo. Julian kissed underneath my chin, on my neck, where that one place that drove me insane was. I hummed softly and stroked his back slowly and he knew he found it. He sucked softly and left a dark purple mark. It was my turn.

  We rolled over again and I searched for his spot. After many kisses, I found it at the base of his neck. He was less subtle in telling me I found it. He moaned in my ear and squeezed my breasts again. I left him a mark just as he did to me.

  We knew what was going to happen next.

  The following week was Julian's birthday, so I bought him that navy blue guitar that I thought about. I found it in and music store down the block from his neighborhood. I had Nick take me, since I didn't have a car. "Man, he's going to love this." Nick helped me find it and pick it out. I also would make dinner for him. It was just the two of us again. 

   Julian practically did a back flip over his gift. He kissed me about one million times all over my face and chest. He promised to write songs for me and sing me to sleep with it. I cooked him and Nick grilled chicken like he asked. He couldn't stop telling me how much he loved me more than anything in the whole entire world. Of course, I couldn't disagree.

    Of course, we went back to school and made up all of the work that we missed. We were quickly caught up and finally, we could show our affection towards each other at school.

 September 3rd.

  My period was due about a whole week ago.

 Fuck.

  "Julian, I should probably tell you something." I eased into his bedroom as he put down his new guitar that he was playing. "What's up?" He stood up and walked toward me, obviously seeing the concern on my face. I took a deep breath. "My period's a week late. There's a chance that one of the condoms broke...and I'm pregnant.." I exhaled and covered my stomach. His eyebrows shot up and he bit his lip.

  "Do you...want to go get some tests?" He grabbed both of my hands and held them between us. I nodded and my lip quivered. Julian wrapped me up in and loving hug. "Whatever happens, I'm staying here with you. I love you, no matter what." He talked calmly into my hair. Instead of leaving the house, he called Nick to go pick up some pregnancy tests. I almost felt bad for him having to do that, but I didn't want to leave the house or stay home without Julian.

   Nick came over with a box of tests and some of my favorite candies. I immediately grabbed the box and walked to the bathroom, not even stopping to thank him. I read the back. "Most accurate results after 1 week of late menstruation. Urinate on end and wait 30-50 seconds. Blue means positive, read means negative.

   Okay, thirty seconds. I stared at the device solidly. My heart pumped dramatically and I assured myself that everything would be okay. 23, 24, 25.... Would I keep the baby or not? I don't want to got to a clinic... 27,28,29, 30. Wait 30-50 seconds.....Ugh. 41,42.4-! There was my answer.

  A bold, red line.

  I blew out air in relief. But, wait. Sometimes these are wrong. Okay, now to slowly walk out into the living room and show Julian.

  I opened the door and quickly walked down the hallway, holding the test high in the air. When the boys spotted me coming in, they both quickly stood up and ran over.

  "Negative. Negative! I'm not pregnant." I showed them the red line and they both let out a huge breath of relief. "But...we have to remember that these can be wrong." Nick pointed out. Julian had his arms wrapped tightly around me in an instant. 

  "That's okay. We can just take one again next week, if you still haven't gotten...it." Julian referred to my period. "In the mean time, no alcohol or smoking. I won't either. Got it?" He looked me in the eyes and I smiled down at me. I nodded and hugged him tightly around the stomach. "Everything's fine..." I hummed into his shoulder.