Chapter 9: "I can see you in my bed."

Soon after I was out of the shower and dressed, Julian was home and had parked in the garage. I greeted him and thanked him for the lovely poem he wrote for me. He acted bashful and waved it off. "I had no idea you were such a poet!" I laughed. "Well, I know you were reciting to that drink, but wow!" I wrapped my arms around his stomach and I could feel the vibrations as he laughed. His hazel eyes sparkled down at me and he gave me the sweetest smile I'd ever seen in my life.

     "Well, you deserved it." He unwrapped his arms a pushed a chunk of hair out of my face, gazing at me dreamily. "But, you'll never guess what we're doing this week!" Julian reached behind his back and I tried to look behind him. He quickly pulled out to thick pieces of paper and smiled at my confused expression. I grabbed them out of his hands and examined them. "Are these..? Plane tickets?" I laughed and smiled up to him.

   "Maybe..." He closed his eyes and looked away. I examined them more. "You got us...plane tickets to...Las Vegas? You're insane!" I hugged him tightly and he laughed proudly. "I'm the best, I know..."

  The plane departed at 7am the next morning. We quickly got our things together and left for the airport early in the morning. We had Nick drop us off so Julian woudln't have to pay to park his car there. The airport was busy as always and we were excited. The lines were long, but when we finally got on the plane, everything was worth it.

   Of course, the plane ride was extremely long, about six hours, and we got bored and tired. We tried entertaining ourselves by chatting and reading to each other and laughing at the Sky Mall magazines. Somehow, the subject of birthdays came up.

    "When's your birthday?" I asked Julian. His eyes wandered to the ceiling as if he was trying to remember. I rolled my eyes at him and laughed. "It's August 23rd. What about yours?" he bit his bottom lip and adjusted in his seat. "23rd? That's next week! Why didn't you tell me? Mine is September 17th." My mind racked for things I could buy him. He said he plays guitar....

     "Yours is soon too! God, I'm glad we talked about this." His eyes went big for a second as he blew out air from his mouth. I tried thinking of gifts and how much money I had for it. Before we left Maryland I had a job working for Sonic, and I really hadn't spent any of my money in New york. I had about $800. Here's a tip, Sonic pays really well especially with the customer tips in hand.

    Okay, Julian likes music, and alcohol and cigarettes. I think I'll buy him something along the lines of music. $800...I could  buy him a guitar! Seriously, a pretty nice electric guitar. His favorite color is navy blue, so I'll get him a navy blue guitar. Good. Perfect.

  Julian had booked us a hotel suite in the city. It was very nice and it smelled of champagne. Of course, he booked the Sweetheart room and the bed was shaped as a heart and there were roses and chocolates everywhere. On the bedside table, there was a large bouquet of lilies and white roses. There was a card in the middle that read:

I love you Melody!

Thanks for being the best.

Love,

Julian

  Next to his name was another heart. I gave him a small squeal and hugs and kisses. He brought a couple fake I.D.'s for us and called room service for champagne. It was raspberry champagne. Then, Julian took me out to a fancy restaurant in the busy night city. He had made a reservation and we sat in front of a large window where we could see all of the lights and people passing by.

    "Why, in the world, are you spoiling me like this?" I took a sip of my white wine that was dry, and I liked it. "Well, I just want you to know how much I love you. I really do." He gazed at me with sleepy eyes. My heart felt like it was going to explode with love. I imagined sweet pink liquid busting through my dress and spraying all over his face. I laughed and continued eating.

   Julian waved a taxi. We jumped in the back, both slightly buzzed with wine. We were young and in love, and after Julian gave the driver our location, I pulled him to me and started to kiss him passionately. It was fast kissing that I didn't even know I could do. I grabbed him by his tie and pulled him closer, unbuckling my seat belt. I could feel him smile under my lips and he ran his fingers through my long light brown hair. I scrunched his up in my hands.

     Julian threw cash at the driver as we stumbled outside, into the lobby, up the elevator, and into our room with only breaking apart when people started to glare at us and stick out their tongues. I had kicked off my heels and he was leaning more because I was even shorter now. I was soon glad I remembered to match my bra with my panties.

    We soon broke apart as I sat on the bed and he poured us the remainder of the champagne. The suite had a stereo and he started really good music that we both enjoyed. He sat down and took his coat off and we clinked our glasses together and quietly sipped.

   "I love you, Julian." I stared into his eyes intently and he stared back.

    "I love you, too."  We stared. And stared. And drank. And stared more.

   "I can see me in your eyes." He hummed quietly.

    I thought for a moment and decided my answer.

    "I can see you in my bed." I winked at him and he laughed and looked away, sipping more of his drink.

   I felt daring. I felt sexy. I was a tiny bit drunk. I was okay with it. I was in love.

 I crossed my leg over his and leaned in to kiss Julian again. He obliged. His lips moved quickly, and I sped to keep up with him, rising up and setting my glass on the nightstand. He did the same and collapsed underneath me and we didn't break apart. He placed his big, slender hands on my hips and I put my legs on either side of him, pushing his hair out of his eyes.

  Our noses were touching and I broke apart from him, keeping eyes contact solid.

  "Do you have any condoms?" I whispered onto his mouth.

   He nodded.

  I woke up naked, wrapped around Julian. His soft breaths caressed my neck and gave me shivers. My bare breasts were pressed against his chest and our legs were entwined together. My arms pushed together with my hands on his neck, his wrapped tightly around my waist like it always has been. I kissed his cheek and fell back asleep in the exact same position.