Chapter 16: "Okay, stop."

It was our last day in Hawaii and we wanted to make it last. There was supposed to be a local band playing at an outside bar on a beach nearby so we decided that we would all go and have a few drinks.  We planned on going at nightfall which was about seven o'clock. 

  We got dressed up fairly nice. They guys had plain dark T shirts and jeans while Monica and I wore pretty cocktail dresses. Monica, with her short body, went with a dark sleeveless while I wore a tight, bright red sleeveless. My hair was up in a messy bun and my lipstick matched my dress.

  As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom Julian smirked at me and looked me up and down. "Hey sexy." He winked at me and pulled me into a hug. We spun around a little bit. "Why, thank you! Just let me get my shoes.." I stepped into my maroon stilettos and grabbed my small handbag.

  "Is everyone ready?" I peered through the open front door to find Nick and Monica smoking outside.

  "Yeah, let's go."

   It was dark, but the Christmas lights and bonfire put off enough light to see around very well. We all had a few drinks and Julian had ordered the one I was currently drinking for me. It was a light pinkish color, some type of Hawaiian drink. It was incredibly sweet, to the point where I couldn't help but grimace when I took a sip. I only finished it out of respect for him.

  "Can I get you something else?" Julian stood up and took my empty glass. There was a minibar outside a bit farther away, next to the large stage that a pretty okay band played on.

  "Sure, but can I get a martini this time? I'll be over by the fire, okay?" I had long taken off my heels because we were on fine white sand and it was incredibly difficult to walk on with heels. I had them in my arms as I walked over to sit on a large wooden log by a pit with a glowing bonfire. 

  It was a cooler night than I expected, so I felt warm relief when I sat down. I dug in my purse for a mirror and lipstick to do a small touch up. I was nearly done when I heard an unfamiliar voice next to me.

  "Hey there." It was a man, and I quickly put my products away into my handbag.

  "Oh, hi." I nodded at him. He was a stranger. I'd never met him before, but he looked at me with friendly eyes and a wide smile. He wasn't shy at all and it surprised me.

  "My name's Michael. What's yours?" He put his hand out for me to shake and I took it in a firm grip.

  "Hi Michael, my name's Melody." The band stopped and announced that they were going to take a short break. I looked over and I guess Julian was waiting to chat with them.

  "Melody. You're very beautiful Melody. I haven't seen you around before, have you been here any?" My cheeks turn a small shade of pink and I looked down, flattered. A little chat couldn't hurt, could it?

  "No...actually I'm not from here. I'm from New York City. Just here with a few of my friends. And thanks, by the way, for the compliment." I saw Julian completely occupied by some of the band members and he had my martini in his hand.

  "You're welcome. Can I, uh, buy you a drink? If you're of age?" Oh shit, he's asking for my age.

    "I'm 21... But no thanks, I think I've had enough for one night. I have a long flight tomorrow." I wasn't even buzzed one bit, but I didn't want to lead this guy on.

  "Oh, okay, that's fine... New York City, huh? Do you do any modeling there or something?" He scooted closer to me and I pulled my dress up a bit to cover my cleavage more. Why did I wear that?

  "Well, no, but I design for Calvin Klein. Pretty close." I don't know what I was thinking. I just made that up to sound cool.

  "Wow! Calvin Klein, huh? Design any bras and panties?" Whoa, what? What did that mean? I guess Calvin Klein's known for underwear but....

I mustered out a nervous laugh.

  "Listen...Melody, do you want to get out of here? I could show you around Maui a little bit?" Oh no. How do I put this?

  "Actually, I would, but one of the friends I went with is my, uh, fiancee. You know... just a little vacation." I kept my eyes focused on the fire and wished I had a drink, or at least a cigarette.

  "Oh, okay, okay. Where is he?" Michael seemed like he didn't believe me. I swallowed and pointed over to Julian who was still engulfed in his conversation. The guy raised his dark brown eyebrows at me.

  "That guy? You sure you don't want to have just a little tiny bit of fun with me? We don't have to tell anyone." He scooted over to me a bit closer to the point I could feel his minty breath on my bare shoulder. "Seriously, you're fucking hot. I mean, sexy. Sorry, I can't help myself."

  He put his hand on my thigh and his arm around my waist like Julian would always do when I was upset. I tensed up and my eyes went wide as I looked over to Julian, silently screaming at him to come and help me. Ugh, where are Nick and Monica?

   Michael ran his hand over my exposed leg and I physically moved about an inch away from him.

  "No, I'd rather not. Thanks for the offer though." Ew. Ew, ew ew. 

  "You sure, baby? I don't bite. Or maybe I do..." Then, the unthinkable happened. 

  The guy leans over my neck and kisses it quickly three times, and by my collar bone, he bites it. I pulled away quickly.

  "Okay, stop. You're attractive and all, but I don't want to go and have sex with a stranger. So please, just go away, okay?" I stood up and bent over to pick up my shoes. I crossed over his feet and Made eye contact with Julian who was about 150 feet away. I gave him the "this is a weird guy" look. He quickened his pace.

  I stepped over the guys feet and all of a sudden, I feel a hand smack my ass. I bit my lip and my ass literally shook. My hands were balled at my side and I had stopped in my tracks. Julian had seen the whole thing and now had Nick and Monica, running to me. I didn't turn around, but the guy had stood up and wrapped his arms around my hips, where he turned me around to face him.

   I tried to push myself away by pushing his chest, but he only pulled me closer. "Stop it, asshole! I don't wanna fuck you!" I had my face turned around. He soon held me with one arm and with his free hand, he grabbed my tit and started to squeeze it.

   Julian had finally got over and was successfully prying the guy off of me. He had pulled me to the side and was screaming things at the guy, who was about four inches shorter than him. Nick caught up with Julian as he started to shove the weirdo around and Monica and a group of older ladies had come over to me and pulled me far away.

    "Oh my goodness, honey, are you okay?" A woman who looked like she was in her early forties sat me down in a chair by the area with the band and soon had a large group of people around me. Tears and make-up ran down my cheeks like small streams. Monica was hugging me from the side and she had my shoes in her hands. The older woman and a few of her friends were huddled around me and one of them had handed me a glass of water while one of the band members was on the phone with who I assumed was the police.

    "No, no, no, no,no. Take me back to Julian right now." I stood up and Monica was right by my side, walking along the beach back to where Julian was punching that guy in the face. The guy had blood all over his face and it was obvious he had broken his nose.

  "Julian!" I yelled to him and he immediately stopped what he was doing and turned around, handing the guy to Nick. Julian ran over to me and wrapped me up tightly where we were both shaking.

 "I'm so sorry. I'm so, so, so, so, so sorry." I cried into his chest as he rubbed my back. 

  "I love you. I love you so much." He kept whispering into my head. "You'll be okay now, I promise."