Chapter Thirty

"Still in his room?" Fiona asked as she sips on her coffee.

"Yeah. Lip been takin' care of the baby. Why?" Carl questions, looking up.

"Eddie wanted to know."

"You know why?"

"No idea." Fiona sighed and sat back against the counter as Lip walked downstairs with a giggling baby on his hip.

He sat the smiling Milo on the counter as he picked up a banana, waving it around and waiting for Milo's approval. The boy clapped his hands so Lip took that as a yes.

"Where's Deb?" Lip starts, trying to make conversation.

"With Frank. Thinks she can avoid me and have that baby." Fiona rants.

"And what's wrong with that?"

"She's too young! Plus look at Ian! He can't even handle Milo!"

"That's because no one helps him! I'm the only-"

Lip was suddenly interrupted by the back door slamming shut and the two noticed Carl was the one who caused it, being nowhere in sight.

Lip sighed and continued in silence, feeding the mashed up banana to the bouncing baby. Milo happily ate it, too inocent and young to know the drama being caused by his existence.

Fiona just huffed and left for work, slamming the door as well.

~

Lip's POV

I watched Liam play with Milo. I mean at least Liam has a friend now. But fuck.. babysitting is hard. It's been over a month and Ian still refuses to leave the room. Carl literally has to bring food to him everyday. He never helps with Milo.

I was snapped out of my daydream when I heard the door open. I peer over the couch to see Eddie walk in and sit next to me.

"What's up?" I ask as I continue to watch Liam and Milo interact.

"I-I'm going for custody over Milo." Eddie manages to stutter out.

"What? Like you're welcome to see him anytime you want to man-"

"No.. I-I want full custody of him.." He says as he scratches his neck.

"What? Why?" I queston, still confused.

"Fiona said Ian hasn't been taking care of Milo at all for over a month! I wanna raise him. And considering that Ian is clearly unable to care for the kid and Arabella's been.. gone.. I know I'll win custody."

I mentally cringed at the words 'Arabella' instead of 'Kat' leaving his mouth.

"And what happens if I go to court for custody over Milo as well?" I ask, bitterness dripping from my words.

"We've been great friends, Lip. But if I was you, I wouldn't waste my time. Who they gonna give it to? The guy who has all his shit together or the guy who has a shitty job, done a few crimes, and lives in the same house as the unstable father? Think about it, Lip, you should've stayed in college."

And with that. He left.

I sat there in silence. He was right. I can't win. I've got nothin' stable to support me. I'm sure the fucking court would even think that putting the little guy into the system is a better choice than me.

Milo started making squealing sounds are making grabby hands towards something behind me. I turn around and see Ian slowly making his way downstairs. He gives Milo a weak smile and picks him up, Milo snuggling into his shirt and ignoring Liam completely. 

I chuckled under my breath when Liam frowned, crossed his arms, and stomped away.

"You feelin' okay?" I ask as I stand up to walk with them towards the kitchen.

"Yeah.. I heard Edward."

Yay. Another mentally cringe at the use of 'Edward' and not 'Eddie'. Why is everyone so proper now?

"What you gonna do about it?" I question as I hand him a bottle to feed Milo from.

"I don't know. Something. I just can't let him take away my fucking kid. I'll try and get a job. Stay stable." Ian frowns.

"Hey. It's going to be okay. If you want.. I'll keep an eye on Milo while you go out and look for somethin'." I smile as I pat him on the shoulder.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

~

Ian's POV

Fuck. Looking for a job is so hard. I ain't going back to being a dishwasher and janitor.

10:18 PM

And I should being getting home.

I continued my way down the bridge with the cool air brushing against my skin. I slightly shiver and keep walking, only looking up when I hear talking.

As I get closer I notice it's a girl around my age. Maybe younger. She seemed to be talking on the phone. Well more like screaming. 

I can't really see her face but I know she has brown hair from all the street lights. She looked soaked from the rain before. She was dressed in a white tank top, a short skirt with fishnet tights and combat boots.

"What do you mean? No! No, I don't care what you think!" She basically cries into the phone.

She sounds british.

She keeps sobbing on the phone, physically shaking, going to cross the road towards my side. I notice a car speeding towards her as she hopelessly stumbles and cries.

I quickly charge across the road and grab her waist, sweeping her off the icy road and end up tumbling into the snow on the pavement as the car zooms by.

I hear her gasp and lift my head up, looking down at her. She was.. woah. I mean her eye makeup was smudged but besides from that..

Then I noticed I was staring and quickly got up. I gently helped her up as well.

"You okay?" I ask as I scratch the back of my neck.

"Yeah. Thanks." She gave me a small smile.

"You want me to walk you home. I-I mean only if you want me to."

"I'd like that. Thanks." She quietly replies and we start walking again.

"I'm Ian."

"Marcy."

~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

YES I KNOW! I FINALLY UPDATED! I'm sorry for the wait, I've just been really busy. I promise I'll try to update more! (Sorry if there is any spelling mistakes. This took me for ages and ugh!)