Chapter One

(Just noticed how many reads I have! Thank you!!)

"We're here." My oldest brother, Nathan, said as he nudged me.

I looked out of the window and saw grey clouds. I got out of the car and stared at our new house. It was okay. My sister, Emilee, was already inside along with my two other brothers.

I walk inside with Nathan and see that Dad and Mom were sorting out rooms. We're all upstairs. I walk up to my room and when I open the door, everything is already put in place. I sigh as I sit on my bed, looking out the window. It was cloudy. Great. 

After a while, I hear a soft knock. I don't look. I just keep staring through the window. I feel the bed sink and notice that whoever is here is sitting with me.

"Kid, I miss New York too." I hear Nathan say behind me.

"Why did we have to move?" I sob and cuddle into his side as he stroked my hair.

"To help you, Arabella." He whispered, his voice cracking through the sentence.

"You know I'm too late. Yet, you all try to save me." I cry.

"Hey, we'll work something out. You're only 16, you have a life to live, Kid," Nathan whispers. "Anyway, get ready."

"Why?" I ask as I wipe away my tears.

"Mom thought it would be a 'grand' idea to invite the neighborhood over tonight so we could meet everyone." He rolls his eyes and walks out.

I sat there for a while, trying to collect myself before choosing what to wear. I decided to wear a black dress and have my hair tied to the side. I applied a pale red lip gloss and black heels.

I didn't to go down until I had too, so I practiced my violin. I played as I watched the sunset roam the sky. The warm clouds near the sun. Beautiful. 

I had been playing ever since I was young. My family was very musical. 

My mother was in many plays when she was younger as her name is Juliet. My father teaches some high school about music and drama.

Emilee can play guitar, Nathan can play drums, Jordan can play bass and Edward can play piano.

I sit there pondering my thoughts until a soft knock came from my door. I turn around as Eddie walks in and smiles.

"Beautiful, sis. Ready?" He smiles.

I nod and follow him downstairs and into our gigantic living room. I could here Emilee play guitar on our mini stage we have. 

I hadn't really seen the house since we just moved so I was still unsure where to go. I just followed Eddie.

He walked over to our father who was beckoning him to join their conversation. He gave me an apologetic look before strolling over there with a fake smile plastered on his face. 

I hear some giggling behind me and see Jordan flirting with this girl. They were near the food and champagne so I decided to get a drink.

I grab a glass and sip on it until I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look to my right to see Jordan.

"Why aren't you with anyone. Why so sad, sis?" He whispers.

"Maybe because I'm dying?" I snap back.

He holds his hands up as defence and goes away. I roll my eyes and see my mother waving for me to come over. I take the glass with me.

"Arabella! Could you be a darling and perform a song with your siblings for me?" She smiles.