Chapter Eighteen

I woke up from the light shining on me. I turn over to see Ian's side empty. Must've gotten up to pack or something. I slip on one of his shirts and some pj pants. I walk downstairs and towards the kitchen.

He's not in there.

I look around the whole house.

He's not here.

I quickly run upstairs to his room. I barge in and hear Carl groan from all the sudden noise. I shake Lip awake forcefully.

"He's gone, Lip! He ran away again!" I scream in panic.

His eyes widen and he runs downstairs. I quickly follow and me rushes outside and looks around. He falls to the ground with tears spilling from his eyes. I sit next to him on the path and we sit there crying and hugging.

"He lied to us," I whisper. "He said he wanted help. He lied."

Lip nods and cradles me in his arms. Fiona comes running out.

"What happened! Carl and Debbie woke me up saying you two were panicking!" She frantically exclaims.

"Ian. He fuckin' ran away. He ran away from the army. He ran away from Kash. He ran away from Mickey and Mandy. He ran away from his family. He ran away from his problems. He ran away from dying girlfriend. He ran away from everything!" Lip screams.

"It's okay, Lip. We'll find him." Fiona tries to sooth.

"No it's not fuckin' okay! He's left everything! He thinks whenever a problem appears that he can just leave!" 

He then gets up and walks inside. A moment later, he comes out with a duffle bag.

"Where are you going!?" Debbie cries.

"I'm leaving. I'm sick of this. If Ian can do it, so can I. I'm going back to college." He sighs and gets into his car, driving away until his car couldn't be seen.

I get up and walk away. I hear Fiona yelling at me about something. I can't hear her. I've blocked the world out. I've lost my boyfriend. Lip left. My brother won't let me see the Gallaghers. My parents are never home. I'm dying and losing my mind.

Everyday I slowly forget the memories I once had as a child. I've forgotten what my own grandmother was called. It started with I. I've forgotten what her face looks like. I'm starting to forget my memories I had with her.

I've forgotten my friends in New York. I've forgotten the name of the school I went to. I've forgotten my old dog's name. 

I losing my mind.

And I have no one to stand by me.

*Fiona's POV*

"Kat come back! Kat!" I yell as Debbie, Carl and myself watch her wander down the street.

"It's hopeless." Carl mumbles and walks to Kev and V's place.

I look at Debbie and see tears flowing down her pink flushed cheeks.

"What happened to our one big happy family?" She sobs and runs in an opposite direction.

I stand alone.

I walk inside and look around. No one is home. I look down to see one of Ian's shirts. I grab it and hold it, taking in his scent as I start to cry.

What did happen to our one big happy family?

~FLASHBACK~

*Third Person POV*

"Pass the turkey, Carl!" Fiona laugh as he tries a poor attempt to cut the turkey.

They were all celebrating Lip getting into college.

Mickey and Mandy were fighting over the last roasted potato as Kev and V were placing a beer in front of everyone.

"I think I deserve it! I am the older one!" Mickey stated.

"Ladies first, dick head!" Mandy teased.

"Mine." Kev interrupted and quickly took the potato, stuffing it in his mouth and getting the evil looks from the Milkoviches.

Debbie was giggling as Jimmy tried to make Liam hold a fork. 

"Liam, hold it like- Oh my god, just grab it and- you know what, nevermind!" Jimmy huffed.

Lip was having a conversation with Nathan about their plans for the future while Jordan was playfully kicking Emilee and Eddie underneath the table with big smiles across their faces.

"I want to become a therapist. The human mind and emotions just.. fascinates me, y'know?" Nathan pondered as Lip smiled and nodded, listening deeply.

Ian and Arabella were holding hands as they sat together and told each other adorable pick up lines.

"Are you a camera? Because every time I look at you, I smile." Arabella grinned.

"Can I take your picture to prove to all of my friends that angels do exist?" Ian replied, causing himself to get a kiss on the cheek.

The house was full of laughter and jokes and loudness and happiness.

~FLASHBACK ENDED~

*Fiona's POV*

I look down and throw his shirt down in rage, falling to the ground and sob harder.