Prologue

"This is a lot fancier then our previous pick ups, you sure this is the right place?" I whispered as I stared at the castle.

"Yes now get up there before the guards come back you idiot." I shook my head at my partner before gripping the rope and climbing it up the side of the building. When I reached the window I quickly peered in to see the nanny asleep in the corner. I quietly pulled myself in before walking over to her and putting the chloroform rag over her nose and mouth. Her eyes flashed open in horror before she sagged back into position.

I let out a soft sigh before I heard movement behind me. There on the little bed was the sleepy little four year old rubbing her eyes. I quickly placed the rag over her as she struggled against me. I glanced at the nanny knowing I was going to get bitched at about not killing her but..... oh well. I grabbed the young girl and carried her all the way back down the building.

"What took so long?" My partner whispered at me obviously irritated.

"She woke up." I hissed back. He just glared at me before taking off the way we came. As soon as I reached the wall I saw the light of her room switch on followed by screams. I felt the guilt rip through me, something my partner says will go away eventually. I continued to climb over the wall listening to the shouts.

"The Princess! The Princess is missing!" A guard shouted rushing out the back door.

I fell to the other side of the wall and stared down at the girl in my arms. I assumed we were kidnapping a dukes daughter or something, but actual royalty..... I had a bad feeling about this but I couldn't help but smile as I looked at her soft features.

"Are you coming or not?!" My partner yelled from the drivers seat waving at me like a maniac.