3/5

Three Empty Words;

The first time Camila took a notice of it was after their classes on Monday.

Dinah just asked her if she can come over tonight and help her watch out over her siblings and Camila of course said yes. She loved The Hansen family.

When she finally saw Lauren just before her last period and told her she has to cancel their date night Lauren only shrugged.

"Ok. " Was all Lauren had to say.

"I will make it up to you, okay? I love you."

"Love you too." Lauren said as if she's annoyed.

Camila nodded her head and kissed Lauren before turning around and going to her class.

The second time it happen was when Lauren sent her a text.

"Can't meet you today. I need to help my mom with something. I love you."

And sure Camila was sad a bit because she really hope she'll see Lauren and got to send some time alone with her. However, if Lauren's mom needs her than she is okay with it.

But when she got a message on Whatsapp from Ariana and it was a picture of Lauren and Lauren's friend from art class, Lucy, she had a feeling like something might be going on.

Camz: hey baby, i miss you... how's your day doing? say hi to your mom from me.

It took only a few moments to get a reply.

Lolo: Miiss you too. Wish I was with you instead. Mom says hi. I can't text now though, love ya.

The third time Camila felt it sounds different was when Normani threw a sleepover and both of them went because no one misses Normani's sleepovers.

Thy were watching a movie and Camila kept staring at Lauren instead of paying attention to the movie.

"What?" Lauren asked without looking at the younger girl.

"I love you." Camila said affectionately.

"I love you too but can you make watch the movie now? You staring at me is kind of creepy."

This time Camila is sure something is definitely up and the look Dinah sends her makes her heart drop.

After that night everything goes back to normal. Lauren takes her out to their favorite places; playing their favorite songs while they just lie on the bed.

But not everything goes back to normal. Whenever Camila hears Lauren saying those three empty words her heart sinks into her stomach and she feels like crying.

But she doesn't know how to let go.

After a while Camila stops saying those three empty words, Lauren doesn't really notice. Or at least she doesn't say anything about it.

*
*
*

Mercy;

It goes on like this for a few months and somehow Camila feels trapped in this circle of endless pain.

Lauren is sitting on Camila's bed when Camila walks back into her room.

"Did you bring me an apple?" Lauren asks and Camila throws her the apple she had in her hands.

It take a few moments before Camila opens her mouth.

"We need to talk."