5- Parties, Gowns & Bedrooms

June 21st

Dear Diary,

How could i have been so careless? So stupid? So naive? I have known this man for a mere couple of days and now all of the sudden i have whined up in bed with him.

How could i have been so selfish? I made a promise to myself and to my mother, that i was going to save myself for someone special. Someone who deserved the part of me which i haven't given to anyone.

What the hell was i suppose to do now?

*    *    *    *

16 hours earlier...

When Alessio and I arrived at the party that Saturday night my heart was racing, my palms were sweaty and my chest felt like it was on fire.

When we went shopping for a dress 2 days ago, after our once again second encounter, Alessio and i both came back into reality and chose a dress suitable for tonight's event.

We decided that it was best to go with the black holster neck dress, with the right amount of sparkles. The dress was elegant and quite stunning; i never thought i could pull it off but Alessio thought that it was perfect on me.

As we walked into the reception all eyes were on us. Of course, Alessio's father's colleagues would spectate and chatter about him and who he had brung to his fathers party, but I could not help but feel a sense of judgement pointed against me as people evaluated my appearance.

'Who's she?'

'I've never seen her around here before.'

'Is she another one of Alessio's bed companions?'

Questions circulated the room. Looks we're being thrown towards me by thirsty women that were lusting over Alessio.

Why on earth did he bring me here?

Noticing my discomfort, Alessio stopped midway of the dance floor and turned his attention to me.

"What's wrong, Liv?" He questions.

"These people... they're staring at us. At me. Alessio, I don't think I can do this.." I sigh, bowing my head down in grief.

Placing his fingers underneath my chin, Alessio forced me to stare deeply into his sparkly eyes and listen to his words.

"Bambina, these people are looking at you because they can't look at themselves. They see you, a beautiful, mesmerising young woman and can not stand a second of your perfection. These women who are eyeing you have no choice but to look at the competition they can never compete with. They aren't looking at you because you're not beautiful. They are looking at you because you are too beautiful."

And with those words, i had suddenly realised that i had fallen for it all. Suddenly, all the terrible thing that have ever happened these past couple of days had disappeared and all that was visible to me was him.

Alessio.

The Real Alessio Zampelli.

"Wow.." was all my mouth could form.

To be honest with you, i was lost for words. Did he really just say those things to me? Or was it all some sad, hallucination my brain had formed because i've been too depressed?

A wide smirk had grown on Alessio's face as he watched me lose my train of thought.

Why was he complimenting me? Why the sudden drastic change of heart towards me?

Surely this wasn't one of his sick, twisted ways of getting into bed with me.

Or maybe this is exactly how he planned it all.