4- He's Oddly Different

June 18th

Dear Diary,
Sometimes I question why life has to be so hard.

I mean, why me? Why out of all people did I have to have Dimitri Ivanov as a father? An alcoholic role model? Someone who sold me off to the Italian Mafia Boss, Alessio Zampelli. What did I do to deserve such a horrible life that I have to live with everyday?

It's been three days since my little incident with Alessio and surprisingly we haven't really engaged since.

I mean, he was somewhat nicer to me but nothing ever really changed other than the slight behaviour improvement.

Even if he did want to talk about our heated encounter the other night, could I really go through with it? I mean, Ive never been in that type of situation before. How could he just do that out of nowhere and so suddenly?

It's like one minute he hates me and the next, his hands are all over me.

However, today wasn't like the many days I've had recently. Today was different. Today Alessio didn't get up until 9:00am this morning.

He walked into the kitchen in nothing but his black chino tracksuit pants and his messy bed hair. Surprisingly, Alessio hadn't brought a girl home since our last encounter, so it's just been us two since.

"Good morning Olivia." He cooed in his gruff morning voice as he sat on the island bench of the kitchen table.

Looking up timidly I replied a small "good morning" and immediately put my head down afterwards continuing to clean some cups that we're left in the sink from the night before.

"How was your sleep?" He asked out of nowhere.

'Why the hell is he asking me how my sleep was? He doesn't even care.'

"Uh... It was fine, I guess. Same like all the other nights. I go to bed at 11 wake up at 4." I muttered awkwardly.

Alessio's eyes widened from my response and shook his head. "You shouldn't be going to bed late and waking up so early, Liv."

'Liv.' 'Oh god, he gave me a nickname.'

"It's ok, I'm use to it now anyways. Besides, it's not like I really have a choice." I say the last bit almost inaudible.

Alessio's eyes looked up at mine, and a small grin appeared on his face.

"Oh really?" He chimed. "How so?"

"Well, you start work early so I have to get up before you to go and make you breakfast. Then when you leave I technically spend the whole day, washing, cleaning, and cooking. So after you come home, i give you your dinner to eat and then I have to clean up. All together I stop working after 10:30 and then go straight to bed." I explained to him.

After a moment of staring at me in realisation, Alessio cleared his throat and shook his head.

"Wow. I never thought of it that way." He mumbled. "That's a lot of things to do all in one day."

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to complain.." I started to apologise but he cut me off.

"Don't apologise, Olivia. This is my doing. I shouldn't have been this harsh on you. If I don't get up as early as you do and finish work as late than I know that I'm in the wrong."

Silence. Complete and utter silence.

"I'm sorry." He apologised.

"For what?" I choked out in disbelief, still not understanding why he just said that.