Chapter 11: Meeting The Entity.

"I did it so that I could spare you the grief of watching your friends be sacrificed." Philip growled irritatedly, and you laughed coldly.

"That's not gonna happen. I'll die to protect Meg and Jake." You retorted harshly, and he gritted his teeth.

"You'd really do that for...for them?" He asked venomously, giving Jake a glare.

"Thank you (Y/n). I'd do the same for you." Jake mumbled gratefully, a red tinge appearing on his cheeks.

"I have to kill them. You don't understand." Philip sighed bitterly, turning away and you felt a trace of pity lingering. That pity turned to sympathy and after a few seconds your kindness kicked in.

"Then help me to understand. We can work together and save Meg and Jake." You touched his arm sweetly.

"You're so naive, my dear." He said quietly, looking at you tenderly.

"It's in my nature." You smiled softly as he released a deep breath.

"But there's nothing we can do for your...friends. You can't reason with the Entity." Philip told you darkly.

"Can't I just talk to this-this thing?" You asked hopefully and he mused over the subject.

"I assume it is possible..." He thought aloud and then shook his head.

"But I'm not letting you. It's a wild beast; meaning it's going to attack you at some point. I'm not putting you in that kind of danger." He added defensively.

"Yet you were willing to tie me up and leave me in a fucking locker." You scoffed, folding your arms as he looked slightly guilty.

"I don't care. Let me speak to it." You insisted.

"No."
"Please?"
"No!"

"Come on." You persisted, fluttering your eyelashes cutely and giving him puppy eyes.

"This is ridiculous. Be careful." Philip grumbled and pointed at you in defeat; the inky smoke whooshing into your eyes. You fell to the floor effortlessly, but then stood up in another...dimension?!

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Where...am I?" You wondered dazedly and squeaked as you saw a dark being in front of you.

[Not my artwork, but fell in love with it, filtered it black and white and thought it perfectly fit the Entity]

"I never thought I'd see another human in my domain." The figure grinned wickedly and you stopped yourself from taking a step back.

"U-Um hello..." You greeted awkwardly, nerves clogging up your throat. Was this really happening?!

"Yes it is." He answered easily, reading your mind and your eyes widened.

"You can read my mind?" You gasped surprised and he snickered.

"I can. Who else would've told you to kill that other pathetic human? Who else made you snap at that precise moment? The Wraith wasn't giving me souls quick enough, so I needed one to eat." The Entity responded, licking his lips with his snaky black tongue.

"That was you?! But-But-"

"But-but-but! Yes you silly human." He mimicked you impatiently and floated closer to you.

"So what did you come here for? Spit it out, you're wasting my time and I am hungry." He huffed coolly as you debated what to say.

"I came here to ask you to spare my friends." You explained courageously. You watched him burst into laughter, his creepy chuckles echoing around the empty area.

"You're very brave, coming here." He finished laughing, his eyes sparkling shrewdly.

"I don't even know where I am." You confessed timidly, looking around curiously.

"You're in the space between life and death. Some people call it limbo." The Entity stated casually.

"Why are you here?" You questioned confused and he smirked.

"Demons can't enter the afterlife. Hence, I'm stuck. Fortunately, I found Philip Ojomo and now I can consume souls whilst doing very little." He responded craftily.

"This is a lot to take in." You mumbled faintly as he smiled slyly.

"Mmm...but your soul is what I'm interested in. Most people who come to the Scrapyard are cowardly...worthless...traitorous towards other survivors..." He started smoothly, gliding right up to your face.

"But your soul is sweeter than any soul I've ever seen. And you escaped the Wraith so many times. It's pure...untainted..." The Entity
continued interestedly. Your...soul?

"Yes...and it's so tempting...I could just kill you right now." He said hungrily, his pale eyes gazing at you.

"Please uh don't..." You remarked hurriedly making him amused again.

"Because you so foolishly came into my domain, anything could happen." He exclaimed innocently.

"No one would hear you scream, no one would come to your aid...not even the Wraith." The Entity cocked his head to the side, grinning.

"I don't need his help. Or Jake's and Meg's." You said stubbornly.

"Oh?" He egged you on mockingly and you flipped your hair back.

"Yeah. I'm not about to become some sick demon's food. And neither are my friends. If it means going against the Wraith again, then so be it." You retorted fiercely and he lost his smile.

"You're more stupid than I thought." He snapped angrily.

"Fuck. You." You swore determinedly and you glared at each other coldly.

"Oh you silly little girl, I could kill you in a second." The Entity snarled viciously and you hissed in pain as his smoke made wide gashes open on your arms and legs.

"What, so now you're going to bully me? Send me back to the real world, En-shity." You insulted, unafraid when blood trickled out of your wounds.

"Hilarious." He spat sarcastically.

"I thought it was actually." You responded smugly, loving the face of anger spread across his features.

"For a human you are really fucking annoying." The Entity said stormily, sending the black smoke at your throat. You choked, clutching your neck and falling to your knees as he smirked.

"I really hope you die." He muttered hatefully as your vision blurred. After a few seconds, your eyes completely closed and you let yourself fall unconscious. That went well. So much for talking to the Entity... What were you supposed to do now...?