Chapter 4: Survival is Key.

"Dammit." Claudette covered her face with her arms as the generator exploded; sparks and electricity hissing.

"It's gonna draw him over here!" You whispered urgently as you both chose separate hiding places.

"I know. Sorry." She muttered regretfully and put a finger to her lips as the Wraith walked past. You stayed absolutely still, but then heard the ringing bell sound and turned behind you. The Wraith was uncloaking right behind you, scarlet sparks uncovering his body.

"Why hello there..I do believe we've met before." He said sinisterly, swinging his club at you. You screamed in pain as blood dripped down your shoulder and he wiped his weapon slowly. Darting out into the open, you saw Claudette creep away sneakily and felt very alone.

"I'm not dying today! I was going to start a new life...so I will!" You cried emotionally and that made the Wraith stop in surprise.

"You...what...?" He inquired confused, and you stood protectively behind a barricade - ready to pull it down in case he tried anything.

"I...I was going to...start a new life...but I fell down the hill." You told him nervously, shaking with adrenaline. He shook his head quickly before still going after you.

You threw the barricade down, but he moved backwards and avoided being stunned. Crap! The Wraith smirked confidently and went around speedily, making you feel very unsafe. Sprinting off again, you found the bus and decided to juke him again. Going into one side of the bus, you threw down the barricade and waited until he broke it. Then when he came closer to you, you jumped out of the bus window and went around to the other half of the bus lying next to it.

"You're very smart." The Wraith complimented you slyly and you felt weirdly proud.

"Uh thanks?" Your uncertainty made your reply a question as you hopped through the window connecting the two sides of the bus - so you were on the first side of the bus again.

"It's obvious I'm not going to catch you anytime soon...I'll come back for you later cutie." He grinned evilly and gave a wink before going invisible and slithering off.

"How can I trust that he's gone-?" You wondered quietly and kept your eyes peeled for him. A loud yell answered your question and feeling scared, you left the bus.

"(Y/n)!" Nea moaned from nearby, and you whirled around bemused.

"Nea? Where-?"

"In the grass." She cut you off weakly, and you saw her crawling in the tall grass.

"Oh Nea! What happened to you?!" You whispered fearfully.

"He was about to hook me...but I hid in some grass and he couldn't find me." She explained feebly, clasping the ground and pulling herself forwards.

"H-Hang on! I'll help you...s-somehow!" You stammered panicking, as you gazed around for anything to help her. A chest caught your eye and you spent a minute searching through it.

"A medkit!" You exclaimed in relief.

"Thank goodness." Nea panted painfully and you started healing her.

"Thank you so much (Y/n)." She thanked you gratefully and you smiled.

"You helped me with my injuries when we first met, so think as this as payment." You said playfully as she stood up.

"Will do." She laughed quietly and tended to your wounds again; just like she did when you both met. You both started on the generator and you were relieved to see that Nea knew how to repair it.

"You know how to do the generators?" You asked interestedly.

"Yep! My dad was a mechanic." Nea told you brightly, as you worked.

"I see." You responded lightly.

"So how about you? No offence, but you don't look like the kind of person who does machinery." She questioned with a soft laugh.

"Dwight taught me and this other survivor Jake how to fix the generator." You answered gently and she nodded.

"So you met Dwight. What's he like? I knew Meg mentioned him to me but I never bothered to find out much about him." Nea admitted dryly as you heard another generator blow up from far away.

"He's...very positive. The monster was chasing him but he was still cheerful. It was weird." You told her and she smiled.

"Nice to see someone acting calm even though there's a wannabe predator monster trying to kill us." She remarked casually, and you both got the generator almost done.

"Let's go meta." Nea suddenly said and stopped.

"What do you mean?" You inquired, genuinely confused as she started stealthily moving away.

"Well think about it! If we pop this gen, then he's gonna come over here and find us. So if we leave it and do the others, all we have to do is turn a final knob for them and finish them all at once!" She explained her plan excitedly.

"Makes sense." You agreed thoughtfully and you followed her.

"Gah!" Nea jumped sharply as something stumbled in front of her.

"(Y/....n)..." Tyler fell to his knees feebly and you folded your arms sternly.

"What the fuck do you want Tyler?" You hissed annoyedly as he hugged your legs.

"Please help me! That monster's going to kill me! I love you baby doll, really I do." He choked out, grabbing your hands and squeezing them.

"Is this the prick that was stalking you?" Nea asked curiously and you nodded. She kicked him off you, hard, and with a pained groan he fell backwards ridiculously.

"Thanks Nea!" You sniggered, high fiving her and she chuckled.

"No problem, I got you fam." She replied cheerfully, smirking.

"Listen Tyler. As luck would have it, we are working on getting out of here, but I don't want you around me, so go cry in a corner or something until we've done the generators." You exclaimed fiercely.

"No don't leave me again! Please!" He stood up and buried his head in your shoulder.

"You bossed me around, never let me see anyone else and now you're doing it again! This is why I left you in the first place!" You said viciously.

"Maybe he should come." Nea thought aloud and you turned to her.

"What?!" You gasped, considering the fact Nea had gone insane.

"We can use him as a distraction if the Wraith finds us. We do generators whilst this bitch distracts him like the pussy he is." She whispered to you smartly and you grinned.

"Good idea."