Chapter 6: Down in The Bloody Basement.

You started sprinting again, panting for breath.

"Why do you keep chasing me?!" You asked hysterically, narrowly avoiding a hit.

"Because this is far more fun than just killing you." The Wraith chuckled amusedly as you jumped through a window.

"Wow thanks." You mumbled under your breath as you headed for the bus.

"You're no fun, I can't catch you there." He complained childishly.

"Why do you think I go in here?" You questioned rhetorically and ran into the bus.

"Come out and play with me, kitten." The Wraith hummed darkly as you froze in surprise. Did this monster just call you a-a kitten?!

"No." You stuck your tongue out as you kept juking him; hopping back and forth through the window.

"Come on...I saved you from your pathetic little boyfriend." He persisted smugly.

"Yeah and I thanked you for that - I don't want to die however, so I will keep doing this." You answered firmly and began to get exhausted.

"Aw is someone getting tired?" The Wraith mocked and kept moving faster.

"Piss off." You responded fiercely, making him laugh.

"Someone's feisty." He grinned hungrily, making you feel uncomfortable.

"(Y/n)!" Jake called anxiously, causing you to stop and look at him. The Wraith, seeing an opportunity, went round the bus and was about to get you when Jake shined a flashlight in his face.

"Argh!" The Wraith snarled loudly, stumbling. You took a chance and ran past him, to Jake.

"Jake!" You said gratefully and gave him a quick hug.

"We have to go!" He exclaimed in alarm as the Wraith regained vision.

"Have you seen Meg and Nea?" You questioned hurriedly and he shook his head.

"No...why?" Jake asked as he saw the Wraith chasing you both.

"They were with me, but Tyler dragged me away from them and now I don't know where they are." You told him irritatedly.

"Where did you see them last? They couldn't have gone far." Jake remarked logically as you both escaped the Wraith by hiding.

"We were kind of near that little shack." You answered worriedly and he nodded.

"Well let's make our way there then." He said quietly.

"Nea? Meg?" You called as you entered the small wooden house. Moans could be heard from the basement and you glanced at the stairs uneasily.

"Uh (Y/n), don't want to make you panic - but he's coming. We only lost him for a few minutes." Jake warned fearfully as he kept lookout.

"There's someone down there." You told him warily, pointing at the basement.

"Huh?" He said distractedly, not paying much attention.

"We have to help them!" You persisted softly and he shook his head.

"We don't have time! He's coming this way! We have to think about our survival!" Jake argued heatedly as he crept away from the door.

"I'm sorry, but I refuse to leave someone behind." You retorted stubbornly.

"But-"

"No. You can run away if you want - in fact work on the generators." You planned impatiently as he looked around.

"I-I...Okay. Good luck." He mumbled, embarrassed, and rushed out of the other door. You timidly started walking down the steps when you felt a presence behind you.

"My, my, my...it seems I found my little lost kitten." The Wraith smirked and you turned around nervously.

"L-Leave me alone..." You demanded shrilly, as you slowly backed down the stairs.

"And why would I do that?" He inquired slyly, his wicked eyes staring into your own.

"Because you've been chasing me for fucking ages!" You snapped frightened, and reached the bottom of the stairs. Your back hit the wall as he moved towards you with a vicious smile. You ran down the last steps and entered the basement.

"Nea!" You gasped loudly, seeing Nea on the messy hook. She was crying quietly, in a heap of pain - so you had to do something! You went to go pull her down when the Wraith walked down the steps too. If you pull Nea down it'll be useless because he's blocking the exit.

"What are you going to do now? Hmm?" The Wraith asked tauntingly.

"Why are you doing this?!" You cried in frustration and he gave another cruel chuckle.

"Isn't it beautiful? I kill people and watch the Entity take their souls." He told you proudly, making his sceptre strike Nea's side in satisfaction.

"Stop it." You said in a low and shaky voice.

"No I don't think I will." The Wraith said evilly, shaking his head as he kept coming closer. In a last attempt to be heroic, you ran towards Nea and tried to lift her off the hook. The Wraith intercepted your move by grabbing you around the waist and pulling you away; tossing you onto the ground.

"We'll be having none of that." He remarked mischievously, his wicked smile deepening. You groaned gently and sat up, your head hurting.

"Ow..." You coughed agonisingly and for a minute you thought he actually looked concerned.

"(Y/n)~" Nea wailed shakily as black tentacles came out of nowhere and tried to stab her. She grabbed hold of one trying to impale her and struggled.

"Nea hold on!" You told her feebly and got to your feet weakly.

"I wouldn't try again if I were you." The Wraith warned coolly, his grin disappearing.

"I'm not letting Nea die." You shot back angrily as you limped back towards her.

"Oh yes you are." He growled, seizing your arm and pressing his weapon against your neck.

"N-No...Nea..." You wheezed in horror.

"(Y-Y/n)...go find Meg and anyone else who's alive...and escape...please...for me..." Nea choked, her hands slipping slightly.

"How touching." The Wraith sneered.

"NEA! Please, let me get her! I'll do anything! Please!" You begged desperately and he was silent for a second.

"Anything?" He whispered into your ear curiously.

"Yes, yes!" You answered hysterically as he mused on the subject.

"Hmm...well how about-"

"NOOOOO!" You screamed terrified as the tentacles forced their way through Nea's body multiple times; killing her.