Chapter 2: Meeting Survivors.

"You can't be serious!" You choked out in disbelief as you stood up and she sighed.

"I'm sorry but it's true...the brick walls are too high to climb so the metal doors are the only way out. So we need to power them." Meg responded sadly.

"Are you fucking kidding me-? All I wanted to do was get to the airport and now I'm stuck trying to escape a supernatural monster!" You ranted miserably, running a hand through your hair.

"I know...I'm sorry. I hate it too - all I wanted to do was go for a run. But I got lost and I found this place." She said regretfully and you took a deep breath.

"Well...what are we waiting for then? If we need these to get out, lets power them." You declared; forcing a fake smile as you got on the generator.

"That's the spirit (Y/n)!" Meg cheered timidly, also starting to work on it.

"Uh...Meg?"
"Yes (Y/n)?"
"I have no idea how to fix these."
"Me neither." You both broke out in hysterical laughter.

"I know I shouldn't be laughing...due to the circumstances but..." Meg chuckled lightly, wiping her eyes.

"I know what you mean." You giggled gently, the laughter lessening the tension in the atmosphere.

"How will we fix them if we don't know how?" She mused thoughtfully and you shrugged.

"Let's go find other people, maybe they can help. Nea said you knew someone called Dwight?" You planned quickly and her expression cleared.

"Of course - Dwight! He knows how to do these! He has a part time job as a mechanic." She explained excitedly, taking your hand and walking away from the generator.

"That's great! With his help we can get out of here." You sighed in relief and followed Meg.

"How are we going go to find him?" She asked after a moment of silence.

"I...don't know." You answered awkwardly and you both dissolved into nervous giggles again.

"This is so fucked up." Meg remarked quietly, as you walked around a desolate area.

"I agree...but we need to group up with the other survivors, so let's just keep searching." You suggested, trying to stay optimistic.

"You're right." She said softly and silence fell once more. You opened your mouth to start a conversation when someone ran past you both, groaning.

"Hey wait!" You called nervously and they stopped.

"L-Leave me alone! I've had enough! He's coming for me!!" The man moaned, clutching his side.

"Woah, woah! Calm down!" Meg put an hand on the guy's shoulder and he took deep shaky breaths.

"Sorry. My name's Jake." He introduced sadly, turning to face you.

"I'm Meg, and this is (Y/n)." She told him soothingly and he nodded.

"I'd say nice to meet you but..."

"Yeah, we know." She cut him off pleasantly.

"Have you seen another man around here?" You decided to ask as you all stood there.

"Yes I have." Jake replied hesitantly and Meg smiled hopefully.

"What did he look like?!" She inquired expectantly and he thought for a minute.

"Short dark brown hair and eyes, with glasses. Wearing some kind of uniform with a tie." He answered anxiously and she whooped.

"That's him! That's him! Where did you see him last?" Meg asked wildly.

"Uh...by the crane?" He responded timidly as she grabbed your hand.

"C'mon! Lets go!" She stumbled over her words quickly and you nodded.

"You can stay here if you like. There's nothing over here so the Wraith probably won't come. He might check the generator though." Meg added helpfully to Jake, who glanced around the area.

"I'll come with you guys." He disagreed immediately and joined your group.

"Nice." She smiled welcomingly and you all set off, Jake leading fearfully towards the crane.

"Better to stick together." He remarked shyly, halting as you got nearer to the crane.

"Couldn't agree more!" A hearty voice chimed clearly and you saw a man who fit Jake's description dodging the Wraith's attacks.

"Dwight!"
"Meg!"

"Are you okay?" You interrupted Meg and Dwight worriedly as he hopped through a window, angering the monster.

"Never better sweetie." He joked casually, climbing back through it - narrowly avoiding the monster's club. The monster snarled furiously and climbed through after him.

"Dwight's very...positive...in this situation." Meg whispered to you uncomfortably, as you all awkwardly watched him being chased.

"You might want to start doing gens - I'm distracting him for ya!" He called amusedly and the Wraith stopped chasing him frustratedly - deciding to give up on him for now. The monster turned to Meg, who went to run.

"Go Meg!" You yelled as he stormed towards her. She screamed in alarm and literally bolted, the Wraith going after her.

"We need your help - Meg said you knew how to fix the generator?" You told Dwight breathlessly.

"I do." He grinned and lead you and Jake to a generator.

"Okay, so here's what you do. See those coloured knobs? Turn them each in the order of the rainbow. Then see the black and white knobs? Keep pulling them outwards to try and start the generator. Then when it's running, switch the wires so the opposite colour on the colour wheel is in - for example - the red wire goes in the green one and so on. You need to do that on all the sides of the generator in order for it to function." Dwight explained technically as you and Jake shared a fearful glance.

"O...kay." You agreed uneasily and got to work. You three started to on the generator, and your insides were fluttering with fright.

"So beautiful, I never caught your name." Dwight winked playfully and you smiled gently.

"My name's (Y/n)." You answered warmly.

"And yours?" He turned to Jake friendly, still fixing the generator.

"Jake." Jake told him quietly.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you two." Dwight remarked calmly, giving a soft smile with a twinkle in his eye. You finished the generator in relief and began to move to the next one when a familiar voice called you.

"Hello darling."