Chapter 10: Oh Snap!

You broke away from the hug just as another generator got done.

"Excellent. They've shown themselves." Philip grinned sadistically and your eyes widened.

"No please! Don't kill Meg and Jake." You pleaded quickly, your eyes filling with weak tears.

"My dear, I must. Otherwise the Entity gets angry." He replied lightly, caressing your cheek.

"What would it take for you to spare them?" You asked desperately and a cunning grin weaved it's way onto his lips.

"Ooh, that's a good question. I'm going to have to think about that one, kitten." He responded slyly, actually considering.

"They're my friends." You said quietly, gazing at the floor sadly.

"You've only known them for a few hours." Philip reminded you comfortingly and you shook your head.

"That doesn't matter! Nea, Meg, Dwight and Jake have proved that they are true friends. I've already lost two - I'm not just going to sit around and watch you kill them!" You argued fiercely as you clenched your fists.

"You don't have to watch." He tried to lighten the atmosphere up with a joke but it didn't work.

"Look sweet pea, I sacrifice them to the Entity for a reason. The Entity gives me what I require and in return I feed it." He explained, his expression hardening.

"I'm sorry." Philip apologised regretfully but you simply turned away from him. You heard him leave the house and a tear trickled down your cheek. Your heart felt so confused. You liked Philip, the way he teases you, spared your life, cares for you...But on the other hand, you can't let him kill your friends.

"And I won't!" You vowed firmly, going in the same direction he did. A scream could be heard and the sound of a pallet being thrown down.

"Get away from me!" Meg yelled in alarm, moving back as he broke the pallet with ease. You froze for a second in fear and then with a burst of courage, sprinted in front of Meg and stood there bravely.

"(Y/n)-?!" Meg gasped in relief at the same time Philip growled.

"Move aside (Y/n)." He ordered coldly and you shook your head.

"No!" You spat defiantly, your eyes filled with determination.

"If you want the others, then you're going to have to kill me first." You provoked him further and he gritted his teeth.

"You know I don't want to hurt you." Philip sighed frustratedly, his grip on his weapon tightening.

"Then don't. Leave Meg and Jake alone." You demanded annoyedly.

"You know what? Fine. Come here then."  He commanded bitterly as you hesitated.

"No (Y/n) don't! He'll hurt you!" Meg warned frantically, going to grab your hand but you pulled your arm away.

"Okay. Just leave them alone." You agreed uneasily and he nodded curtly.

"(Y/n)-" Meg persisted worriedly as you slowly walked up to Philip.

"It's fine. J-Just go find Jake..." You told her nervously and she nodded in defeat. You watched her sprint off and before you could turn back to face Philip, he seized your arm and started to drag you away.

"What are you doing? Ow!" You wailed as he hand gripped your wrist too tight. He was silent, dragging you all the way down back to the basement before releasing you.

"That hurt." You muttered sharply, rubbing your wrist.

"Now why are we-?" He interrupted you by grabbing you around the waist and pressing his fingertips against your neck.

"Sorry kitten, but I need you to be a good girl." Philip purred deviously as the black smoke entered your bloodstream. Your eyes closed unwillingly and you instantly became unconscious. Son...of a...bitch...

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

You woke up to see that you were slung over his shoulder, your hands and feet both tied.

"What's...going...on...?" You murmured faintly, your head mostly still asleep.

"I just need you to stay put for a bit, my dear." Philip informed you softly. He opened a red locker and gently tucked you inside, before closing the locker doors. You heard him tie the doors together with rope and the tinkle of the bells sounded, meaning he went invisible.

"No! Please...don't leave me..." You begged weakly, but no one could hear you.

"Somebody!"
"Please..."
"Help!"
...
...
...

"(Y/n)?" A voice asked curiously and undid the knot holding the doors together. You fell out abruptly and hit the ground with a thud!

"Jake!" You sobbed miserably and let him untie you before giving him a hug.

"What were you doing in a closet? What happened?" He questioned concernedly as you stood up sorrowfully.

"It was Phil-The Wraith, he tied me up and kept me inside the locker." You told him emotionally, breaking into tears again.

"He didn't kill you?" Jake asked quizzically and you shook your head.

"Strange. Anyway let's get out of here. We only need three more generators." He remarked optimistically and you nodded. You trusted Philip, and looked what happened!

"Let's get out of here." You repeated darkly, your voice trembling. Jake sensed something awful had happened, but had the common sense and sympathy to just leave that subject alone and search for a generator.

"There's one!" You pointed flatly and he nodded.

"Nice one. Let's get to work." He remarked smartly and silence fell as you worked. Eventually, you got the generator done and the tense silence passed.

"Shit!" Jake swore as the Wraith uncloaked right in front of you.

"(Y/n)? You did the generator?" He inquired, shock filling his features as he studied your angry face.

"Yes, yes I did!" You shouted, standing there unafraid and he actually had to think of something to say.

"But I-"

"You put me in a fucking locker! I trusted you, and look what happened! How dare you." Your voice shook with rage.

"I only did it because-"

"Do you honestly think I care about why you did it! You don't do that to someone you're supposed to LOVE. Now leave me the fuck alone, I'm leaving with Jake and Meg." You ranted furiously as Jake stared at you in amazement. You finally snapped...