Chapter Two

A/N I will try my best to post a chapter every Thursday.

Chapter Two:

November 5, 2013, 5:41 a.m.

Louis’ eyes widen as they are sprung open, chest heaving from the nightmare he just experienced. For the third time in the past couple days, Louis has dreamt about that man from Halloween night – the one with the deadly looking scythe. With each nightmare being worse than the last, Louis decides to not go back to sleep; knowing he will just once again have to watch the man slaughter him over again.

He sits up in his bed and rubs the sleep out of his eyes with his hands, grabbing his eye glasses sat on the nightstand beside him right after. Louis usually doesn’t need to wear his glasses unless it’s to read something far away, but right now in his half asleep state, he thinks it would be for the best.

Louis stands up and pulls the dark blue jumper he left on his chair over his head since he stills feels a tad cold and walks out of his room. He stuffs his hands in his pockets and walks into his kitchen, going and sitting on the wooden stool by the artificial granite counter. Louis stares at his bare feet as he zones out and just listens to the ticking of his wall clock, slowly regretting buying the noisy machine.

In a swift movement Louis stands up from the chair and checks the time on his microwave, 5:47 a.m. To hopefully get some things off his mind, Louis decides to go for a run around the block. At first Louis thought that going out this early would be the equivalent of begging for a beating but after a bit, he concludes that there would be other joggers out at this time already anyway.

Louis finds his phone and ear buds and stashes them into his sweats right pocket before slipping on his sneakers and heading out the door. Louis grumbles slightly as he realizes that since its November and quite early in the morning – it will be cold and dark. He soon shrugs it off and puts his headphones in the corresponding ears, turning his music on shuffle and putting his phone back in his pocket.

The reason Louis went out for a run is to get that man out of his mind. Call Louis crazy, but he felt safer outside in the dark than cooped up in his cozy house. He felt free outdoors compared to feeling trapped in his house; in fact his house was the setting of every one of his nightmares. He also finds it quite annoying that some dumb teenager who dressed up as something that gives Louis the creeps is constantly on his mind. This is something that he should’ve forgotten already, but he hasn’t.

Louis’ pace gets faster as he turns a corner, already regretting his decision of going out of his house. He rips his headphones out of his ears in paranoia, knowing that he would be safer without music taking away one of his senses. Louis focuses on the sound his shoes give out as they make contact with the sidewalk, trying to distract himself with it.

Keeping your head towards the ground can make you less scared – but you lose track of where you’re going.

Somehow, Louis manages to trip and goes flying forward, almost but not quite ripping his sweatpants. Louis winces while staying on his knees, catching his breath and squeezing his eyes closed. He opens them then looks to the left, the right. Panic arises in Louis as he looks behind him, than in front. He moves and backs up until his back is flush against the white fence of someone’s yard. Louis is filled with absolute terror as he admits to himself; he is lost. Louis knows that by going the same way he came here, he won’t get back to his house; he doesn’t recognize the slightly brighter area like he should.

Louis gives himself two options, to either start going in either direction right now. Or to wait until it gets lighter outside so it’s impossible to get lost once again. After convincing himself that he is indeed a man and is simply overreacting over all this, he stands up and turns to his right.