Chapter 9 - Beautiful Danger

Silence hung in the air, but I kept my eyes on Sam. Watching his every movement. The twitch in his eyes and the swept of his hair as he shook his head. Dean however, did not stay put. He got up and moved to the window, peaking through before sitting back down and giving me a harsh tone. "And why should we trust what you say?"

"I let you escape no?" I cock my head, challenging him. Dean cracks his knuckles, unnerved by my playful tone. "Either way, I sent them to Michigan."

"Oh yeah?" Sam questions.

"Yeah." I roll my eyes, stretching my legs out.

Bobby leans back in his chair, seeing that it is already pretty late. "You boys head off to bed, I'll watch her."

Sam and Dean exchange a glance before Sam speaks up. "Are you sure?"

"I'm not an ole' drunk." Bobby warns, rubbing his eyes.

The boys head upstairs, the steps creaking along with them. I watch them disapear.

I move to the small couch in front of the window, the moon letting light pour into the living room and mix with the dim lit room. I sit down on the plush seats, resting my head on the armchair. 

"I don't know why you have to watch me..." I mutter under my breath.

"Just for safety measures." Bobby cooly answers, snatching a book from the dozens that scatter his library. They all looked centuries old, bound by time and worn down. I couldn't read the latin inscipt.

"Well goodnight either way." I mumble, shutting my eyes. I let myself drift in and out of sleep, being disturbed by Bobby scurrying around before a loud tremble shook the walls.

I open my eyes to find Bobby, head flung backwards, arms crossed and legs spread. A loud snore shook the walls, waking me from my drowsy and uncomfortable sleep. It was just dawn, the light blue palure seeping into the sky. I slowly get up, avoiding the creak in the beds that could wake Bobby. I wasn't going to pass up this oppurtunity. Not when the whole house is asleep. 

I move upstairs, being careful on the steps. I knew he and Dean were up here. I'll just slit their throats, make as less sound as possible and be out of here before the sun rose and get this whole mess cleaned up. I reach the platform, heading down a narrow hallway. I peek into the rooms, turning to the first one. Sam was the first one up.

I lean down and pull the gleaming knife from my boot, tip-toeing into the room. I let it roll in the crease of my palms, enjoying the cool of it. I grin, the curtains drawn. I could just see the ridges of Sam's back. The toned muscles made my heart ache, his arms wrapped around a pillow and his head turnt away from me. He looks so innocent. I admired his body, a smile creeping on my face but I shook it off and mentally slapped myself. 

Get this over with. I reminded myself.

I twirl the blade one last time before approaching his bed, leaning over and seeing one side of his face illuminated. I rest the knife on one of his two main artery's leading to the brain.

I hand grabs my own, stopping me from cutting him. Sam's eyes are open now, nails digging into my wrist. He swings me around, throwing me against the bed and slamming my head against the headboard. I groan, his midsection pinning me down against the sheets.

He recognizes me, his eyes going wide. "What the hell are you doing?" His voice is deep, roughed up by the hours slept.

I glance down, seeing the rows of abs. I want to run my hands down them, feel the ridges of his muscles and run my fingers over his cheekbones. His hands run the length of my arm, holding me down. I don't answer his question, seeing the fear in his eyes it made me uneasy. I could see every little detail, the pinch of his nose and his brows knit together in a tight frown, still waiting for me to answer.

He's beautiful.

I slap myself mentally, again, dropping the knife. "I don't know." I breath, faces inches from each other.

"You weren't going to kill me were you?" He challenges. "That won't end well."

"I was hoping for a happy ending." I counter, trying to free myself of his vice grip. 

"You were the assasin after me weren't you?" Sam utters, cursing. "They ordered you to come and kill me. But why?

I don't answer, jutting my chin out and trying to keep my stand but my knees are buckling. "Maybe I am."

Sam shakes his head, stepping off of me. He tugs me wrists and slams Dean's door open. "Bobby!" He yells down, the snore is abruptly stopped a snort following and a; "What's going on?"

"I thought you were going to watch her." Sam says, tugging me down the stairs. His vice grip is tight around my wrist, I'm unable to escape his strength.

When we have the living room in sight, Castiel is at the center, his eyes meeting mine. His trenchcoat seemed untouched, his face a serious facade. He gives a wave of his hand, sending the gun in my waistband against the wall and away from my reach.

"Bring her forth." He commands, his voice urgent. "She been intoxicated with these ideas of following. This isn't good. Angels are going to come for her."

"Angels?" I breath, wondering how many more that are there. I feared the answer.

"I need to make sure that she is in fact a Cambion." Castiel urges pulling a chair up and handing me a belt once Sam frees me. Dean comes down to join the party, his hair pushed up to one side and his voice groggy.

"What's going on?"

"Shut up." Castiel growls, forcing me to sit down. "Bite down on that belt."

Everything was happening too fast. Castiel shoved his hand into me and I screamed. A burning sensation spread throughout my body, my whole body felt like it was on fire. I bite down hard on the belt, waiting for him to finish and pull away.

When he did, I felt the energy drain from me. My head fell foward, my lungs trying to bring oxygen down as I took deep breath and spit the belt out.

"I'm right." Castiel whips his hands, adressing everybody. "Protect the demon spawn." He orders before disappearing.