Chapter 18 - Bite Me

I could see my breath waft into the air, curl and disappear from the frigid temperature this room contained. It must of been a few days now, the warm long depleted and I've been left to fend for myself. Chase would come in sometimes, giggling as a struggled and Rover growled as he circled the table I was strapped too.

I kept my eyes burned on him, sending a promising that I would obliterate him when I'm free of these chains.

''Having trouble, Delora?'' Chase chuckled, leaning against the door and giving a wicked smirk. 

''Bite me.'' I spat back.

Crowley would come in every other day, asking if I wanted to be a part of their group, to fight for them. A Cambion would be amazing to have. Every time he asked, I refused bitterly. He would waltz out of the room, whistling a slow tune and shutting the door.

I brace against the steel, feeling the bending.

I was nearly done.

But I waited, like a predators for it's prey to make a faulty move. And that faulty move would be Chase stepping into the room to taught me some more with his wretched dog. The fury had been building inside of me forever now. The unknown of where the Winchester brothers are or if Sam is safe. Reba and Crowley would be tracking them. 

Just on time, Chase slammed the door open. Rover came trotting at his heels, heavy with muscles. Chase leaned over the table, inches from my face. ''Look at you,'' he laughed softly, running a finger down my cheek and giving a breathy smile. ''So along, so.. vulnerable. Too bad you don't want to join us. You'd be a great''- Chase leaned in, whispering against my ear. -''toy.''

''You'll regret saying that.'' I say coldly, my eyes past his eyes.

''What're you going to do?'' Chase pouted mockingly. ''Going to call Crowley?''

''No.'' 

''That's what I thought.'' He growled.

I break the steel, grasping his neck with a hand. I push deep into his throat, blood pouring from the puncture wounds that I've created. He gasped, eyes wide and staring. ''Touch me again,'' I warned, my gaze on him. It was deadly cool, a small smirk spreading through my features. ''and I'll kill you.''

I slam both the dog and Chase against the wall. He writhed like a worm, unable to speak as I squeezed his windpipe. ''I have a message for Crowley.'' I added cooly. ''If he kills any of the boys, or Bobby for a matter of fact, I'll hunt him down. There's not an inch of space on this earth that he can hide from me.''

I shut my eyes. And I think of my apartement in New York City. The walls covered of pictures, the kitchen and the vodka bottle always on the counter. I can feel my body warping, and suddenly, I'm there. Free. Or somewhat free.

I can feel the energy drained from my body, my hands against the counter as I catch myself with a grunt. ''Need to practice that.'' I thought numbly, my head spinning. My body felt heavy and thick like molasses. First time doing this was pretty good, but complicated. I sat down on the couch, laying myself down since I couldn't hold myself up anymore. 

I felt my body sink into the cushions, my eyes eyelids were heavy with sleep and my body immobile. I stayed there like that, a few hours while I recuperated my energy from the teleportation that I had just experienced.

There was a knock on the door.

A/N

Very sorry for the late update. I've recently acquired a job which works me 5 times a week + school on top of all that. I'll try my best to keep updating and finish this novel up. I'm writting a few others like Dust Bowl, which an original and that I'm quite proud of it. Would love for you guys to check it out! 

-Lannist