Chapter 7 - Piles of Trouble

I'm untied, my head sacked and my body drapped over Sam's shoulder. His broad shoulder gives me a comforting position to rest but it isn't heaven either. I let myself get carried out the door, and into the car.

Once again, I'm packed into the backseat and off we go to lord knows where. The Impala purrs like a cat's, the engine rumbling and the wheels running smoothly over the road. 

I don't know how long I've spent in the same position. The ache in my neck tightened, my whole body turnt to one side. I slipped in and out of sleep, pulling me into the dreams that I've wanted to participate in but all I got was blackness. Just like when I opened my eyes.

Suddenly I could hear the beeping, the honks and screams of angry pedestrians in the distance. I sink back, leaning my head onto the leather seat that smells of old laundry, enjoying the sound.

Home.

We drive in the busying traffic, zipping in and out of lanes. I had to duck down so they wouldn't spot me and once we approach my apartement, Sam helps me untie myself so I could act natural. He warns me that if I do anything stupid, I'd go back to Bobby's in a moments notice.

I snort. Of course I'll do something stupid. I'm not going to let myself get rolled around by these hunters.

I climb out of the car, stepping out into the damp New york City. Rain poured down, splashing down on the glass and asphalt. I step into the apartement building, moving towards the elevator, which during that whole time I'm uncomfortable flanked by Dean and Sam. I press my floor number and let myself get carried up, wondering if I could sock Sam in the nose and kick Dean in the shins and make a break for it.

I decide otherwise, knowing that the people in the building will definitely notice the shrieks of the two boys. I grumble and the elevator door rolls open. I go down to my door, sticking my keys in. I turn the knob and invite both of them in, forcing a sarcastic smile over my features and slapping them with an accent.

"Sit down y'all."

They step in, their eyes circling the room. Dean moves to the couch and sits down in front of the comfy fire places, now extinguished. I flick the lights on, moving to the kitchen and pour myself a bottle of vodka, needing it pretty badly. I down it without a problem and let my fingers roam just underneath the edge of my countertop, finding the familiar button. I press it, placing the cup on the marble counter and watching Sam search the room.

"What are you looking for?" I grasp the bottle, taking a sip. The burning alchol slipped down my throat, my eyes on Sam.

"No family?" He inquires, stuffing his hands in his pockets. Clever. Searching for picture frames. I think, watching Dean eye my collection of DVD.

"Nope." I pop the 'p', placing the vodka bottle on the counter top. "I'll go change, get comfortable with the house."

I slip into my room, sliding my shirt off gracefully before kicking the door shut. I put on a old pair of socks and change into leggings and an enormous maroon sweater. I put the phone to my ear, dialing Reba's number.

She answers after the first ring, her voice hoarse and strain. "Nettles."

I smile, picking just underneath my nail and sitting down on my plush bed, enjoying Reba's voice as she comes through. She seems urgent, knowing I pressed the button for backup. "Hey there."

"Are they still at the apartement?" Reba asks.

I hesistate, my mind racing. "Yes, want me to kill Sam?" I inquire, seeing the blade tapped just underneath my nightstand. Damn my house was full of nasty surprises. 

"Not yet. You've done enough." Reba voice is angry. I frown, glancing at the door.

"I tried my best okay? I even brought them too New York City, in my very own apartement. Aren't you proud?" I hiss, lowering my tone of voice so the boys outside wouldn't hear me. 

"I am not." Reba fury rises as the conversation continues. "You've broken so many laws in one night, I don't think you fit the requirements anymore. We're going to deal with this problem now Nettles, we don't need you in the way." She pauses, taking a large breath before continuing smoothly. "You must understand that these people are not to be toyed with. They're are extremely dangerous. I did not think I was firm enough on this at the beginning of this task. You have betrayed us and we think it is best if we step in before you ruin the plan further."

Plan? I think, seeing Reba trip over herself. "I thought we just kill them." 

"Of course, but there's something more in store for Dean." Reba murmurs. "I'll be there at the apartement in a few minutes-"

The door slams open. Dean is flanked by Sam, both of their eyes jewels of fury. "Normal city girl huh?"

He throws a bucket of pictures on the floor.

Dozens of them scattering my floor, all of them dead. Sam holds up a particular one. Himself. I instantly get up, rising up on my feet and narrowing. I square my jaw and hang up the phone, picking up the knife from underneath the nightstand. Something wasn't right with Reba and I didn't like it. The plan was to kill Sam Winchester and I was to do it, not her. 

"Go now. Drive as far as you can, you've only got a few minutes." I hold up the knife and slice open my legs, the sting making me cringe but I faught back the temptation and curl up. I slash at my arm. Dean and Sam both looked shocked as I explain what's going down. "My group is coming to my apartement at the moment. They are going to kill Sam and kidnap Dean if you don't leave now. They are very powerful. I suggest you move west, back to Bobby's. Don't come back, I'll find you when I can."

"Why would we trust you?" Sam challenges but my eyes narrows, meeting his with cold certainty.

"Do you want to die today or not? Believe me or not but I want both of you out of my house. I'll explain more when I find you." I quickly say. They exchange a glance and exit my apartement with a slam of the door.

Blood dripped from my arms and legs, staining my carpet. I reach for the phone but it's disconnected. Reba is on her way.