Chapter 1 - Famous Sam

That night, I spent the night shuffling through the many papers Reba brought. This project also needed extras researching, a small peek into the world of the supernatural. I chuckle, reading about how salt could drive away ghost or werewolves stole peoples heart. Talk about romance.

I went through dozens of reports about the Winchester boy’s, getting a feel for their style. Dean seemed like an classy guy. With a 67’ Chevy Impala, a leather jacket and a good collection of rock music, things seemed, surprisingly good for him. 

I switched over to Sam. I go over his profile, unlike his brother he studied in being a Lawyer. He seemed to have the brains of this operation settled. I flattened the paper with the knuckle of my hands, cocking my head and flying through the pictures. Wyoming, Indiana, California, DC... these guys wonder far and wide to get their jobs done. They could be anywhere in the US, but thankfully Reba and her team will be able to track them down. Give them a few hours, they can’t stay under the radar for long.

Rising form the desk, I went to pour myself a glass of water. I brought it up to my lips, feeling the chill of the liquid press against my skin. I tipped back and drank it down, hydrating my parched throat. 

I stretched, bring my arm over my head and then touching my toes. It felt good after spending a good seven hours at the desk. I glance over at the clock, seeing that it is already two in the morning. 

I moved to the bedroom, shedding myself of my clothes and wrapping a towel around my waist. I tucked the elastic free of my hair, letting the blonde tangles cascade down my back. 

I brushed it out evenly, tugging at the knots and getting rid of the annoying fly-aways. I scrubbed my mouth clean with toothpaste and slipped on a tank top and low hanging pj’s. Slopping into bed, I pulled the thick duvet over my head and snuggled into the pillow, completely exhausted of my day. Sleep came easy.

-- --

A long, aggravating chime woke me from my sleep. I turned over, seeing the digital clock in my blurry vision. Nine?

I rub the crest of my eyes, cracking my neck and arching my back. The sun already rose over the city, the ray reflecting off the thousands of glass building like giant mirrors. I pulled the white curtains open, letting the light spill into the room.

The sun shines like a great ball of fire in the sky, hanging like a christmas ornament. It brings light throughout the room, which I’m thankful for. 

I open the door and nearly run into Reba, her eyes wide and pressed against her chest a document. I glance down, knitting my brows together before glancing back up. “More information?”

She nods and smiles, handing it over. “We also have an idea where the Winchester boys are.”

“You do?” I grin, as she hands me the thick papers bundled. I open it and scan the security pictures that have been picked up. “Lewistown, Montana.”

“You’re flight is scheduled for seven tonight. The businesses plane will pick you up at John F. Kennedy International Airport. We have rented you a car at Lewistown for you to use during you’re time there. The boss is giving you a month to complete the task in a clean manner. Don’t disappoint him.” Reba explains, nodding her head. 

“Thanks.” I add the file to numerous others. She also hands me a phone.

“Just to keep in contact.” The slick black iPhone 5s was covered by a thick and sturdy case to keep it intact incase it were to fall apart. “Good luck Nettles.”

She flashes me a rare grin and moves out of the apartment, leaving me to pack for tonight. I pack a suitcase and a bag, complete with toiletries, files and clothes all zipped up and ready for the long plane ride to Montana. I hid everything, under floorboards, behind paintings and between the toilet. Everything about every single victim, except for Sam Winchester of course.