Getting Answers

HARRY

As soon as Harry stepped through the gates and into the city, not only was she pounced upon by worried festival organizers and parents, but also the law enforcement looked outside to the closing gates, yet made no move as Harry was hounded by questions about where she had been and what she'd been doing. One festival goer swore that they had seen a man waiting for the teenager, a man who looked like he didn't want to be seen and wearing a tattered cloak with the hood over his head. This immediately garnered more questions from worried adults, namely her parents, mainly because of the fact that she had gone with him, instead of being suspicious and cautious.
Looking at the gates, she saw the Rider's silhouette walking away and smiled slightly before saying, "I trusted the man enough to go with him and meet his friend. He told me that he wouldn't harm me and his friend would be the same way."
"And you believed him?" Harry's mother piped up, shaking her head as she gripped the girl's shoulder and started to steer her out of the crowd and towards the hotel, Howard and the elder Stronghammer woman following as the crowd parted and allowed them through. As they walked, Harry felt increasingly uncomfortable with the attention and found herself wondering what Eragon and Saphira were talking about. It had only been a short time since they had parted and Eragon had had some trouble with the abbreviations that she'd been saying, speaking in a little formal manner that she, herself, only used when talking to pompous idiots such as other lords and ladies and sometimes even the monarchy themselves.
Snapping out of her thoughts, the girl just caught the last rebuke that her mother was saying, "... You could have been taken, Harriet. People look at you and they may see easy money on the horizon. The next time you meet this man, allow me and your father to talk to him first."
"Mum, I'm sorry for walking out today. Besides, he won't be sticking around long enough for a talk with you. He also gave me his word that no harm would befall me or him. His friend was rather welcoming." Harry tried to tell Minerva. Shaking her head, Minerva looked down at her daughter and said, "You should have told us you were going out of the city. Did you even get his name? And what of this friend of his? Did they have a name?"
Harry smiled and answered, "You wouldn't believe me if I told you their names, mom. You wouldn't believe me."
"Oh, and why would that be?" Howard asked, looking his daughter in question as she smirked and replied, "Let's say that their names are rare enough and leave it at that."
Shrugging out of her mother's hold, Harry began walking ahead, her head down and hidden under her hair as they all reached the hotel and went to their bedroom suite.

Eragon and Saphira

Has anybody told you that you worry too much, Eragon? Saphira asked as they flew back to their campsite. Eragon hunched his shoulders as the forest loomed in the dark. Both being able to see in the near dark, it didn't take them long to locate where they were sleeping.
I am aware that I worry a lot, Saphira. It is just my nature as a both a father and as a teacher. Eragon replied, still hunched over as they spiraled down into the trees and landed in their camp, the Rider dismounting and immediately going over to fetch a small digging tool before digging a hole big enough to hold water for their spell. As this was going on, Saphira brought her wings in close and watched the happenings as Eragon stopped his digging, placed a hand near the hole and uttered, "Adurna rïsa." to bring water to the surface and allowed it to fill the hole, saying a single word to stop the flow once it had reached the point of over-filling.
Bracing himself, emotionally and physically, he looked to Saphira, who blinked as she seemed to nod, took a deep breath and uttered the words for communicating via a mirror, all the while having a picture of Arya, Queen of the Elven Folk in his mind.
As he uttered the words, the water lost all reflection of the dark trees and the skies above, became blacker than night and then, a room, that looked to be made out of a tree, appeared before them both. In the room, sat a desk that too looked to be made out of the very same tree, sung from the very same tree by the Elven Royal Family thousands of years before Eragon I was even born and the nation of elves were traveling from their homeland.
Smiling at the slightly familiar sight, Eragon saw the elf at the table and cleared his throat, startling her into looking up and watched as she slowly put down the quill she was writing with and got up out of the chair to walk to the mirror and smiled in relief, before she said, "Ebrithril, you're back in Alagaësia."
Eragon smiled even wider as he nodded and replied, "We're back, Mae. Is Arya busy?"
"Not that I know of, Eragon-eldr. I can go and check for you if you like." 'Mae' shrugged, walking to the door and going through it, bowing as she went, much to his slight discomfort.
Eragon. You know your title requires them to bow. Saphira scolded, noticing him wince while they waited for the Queen to speak with them. Looking at her, he sighed and shuffled before saying, I never asked for that, Saphira, and you know it.
You never asked to be King of Alagaesia. And yet you defeated Galbatorix however, you do not wish for the formalities that come.with your decision.
I know full well that the decision was the right one, Saphira. You have said on many an occasion that you could not think of anyone better for me.
And you knew the right decision was just that. Arya has arrived.
Looking down at the water, Eragon saw that Arya had indeed arrived and was looking at the desk and whatever had been on it before. She looked just like she had when they had been summoned back. Her tiara was still as elegantly in place and her midnight black hair was adorned with the flowers from the forest. Smiling as he watched, she looked up and at him before smiling just as wide for.a brief second before she said, "Welcome home, Eragon, Saphira. Atra du evarinya ono varda."
"It is good to be home, Arya. How fares Du Weldenvarden?"
"The people feel that the old law is returning. The restrictions on magic users caused them to become mere fairy tales and the people feel that it is doing the same to our land. We need the human parliament to know that magicians, Riders and dragons alike, and Seithr are not to be reckoned with. Other than that, we are all well."
It is just as Harriet told us. Only the law is nearer than she said. Saphira commented, snorting as she heard this news, causing both Arya and Eragon to look at her, Eragon having heard what she'd said and therefore bit his lip and nod in answer. Arya cocked her head to the side as he turned back and repeated her words, going on to tell her the full story afterward.
Nodding after he had finished, Arya turned and began to pace slightly before asking, "You're certain that this Harry looked Myriam's age? And that she had the same mannerism as her."
"It certainly looked like it. But Myriam could be different now. It has been a long time since she was there and we saw her."
"She always did have your recklessness, Shadeslayer." Arya laughed, a hand going to her neck, where a pendant lay. Smirking slightly, Eragon joked, "And is that a bad thing? She also had your grace and gentile."
"She was young, Eragon. She didn't know any better. On another note, how soon do you think you can get to Ellesméra? The Riders need to know that their leader isn't just a teacher on an isolated island."

"If the weather permits, we could be in Ellesméra within the next week. And that will be with no problems whatsoever. If there are problems, it could be longer."
"Make sure that it doesn't. And bring this Harriet with you. I would like to meet her." Arya said, her face and voice gaining authority as a knock sounded from her end and she looked back as another elf came into the mirror, handed her something, bowed and left again. Nodding, Eragon pressed his first two fingers to his lips, twisted it round and ended the spell as the Queen smiled kindly and hurried off. Slumping forwards, Eragon held his head as the wave of exhaustion crashed over him and he started to fall forward, catching himself as Saphira commented, Harry will be closely watched if we are to meet with her again. I saw through your mind how everyone in Teirm reacted when she walked through the gate.
Then what's the plan on meeting with Harry to tell her? The both of us flying into Teirm and demanding to meet Harry?
No. You go and meet her tomorrow. If her parents are there, meet with them and ask their permission.
Eragon sighed and nodded before setting aside his cloak and getting out his bedroll and settled down to go into the sleep state that had replaced his deep sleep state since his first incursion into the forest of elves.
We will go to Teirm tomorrow and speak with Harriet and her family. Eragon said, looking up at the tree tops and relaxing as his waking dreams took him over. A soft growl was Saphira's answer as she settled down.

HARRY

Sleep didn't come so easy for Harry. The teenager couldn't stop thinking about what the Dragon Rider had said when they were in the forest earlier. He had also seemed saddened when he had mentioned his daughter. It seemed that he was worried for the girl called Myriam and his wife had sounded very worried as well.
A prodding in her mind had her sitting up on her bed and closing her eyes as she recognized the presence of Saphira. Smiling, she said, I wasn't expecting to hear from you so soon, Saphira. My parents want to meet Eragon but I'm not so sure. Anyway, how can I help you?
Keep the book in your lap, Harry. We have spoken with Arya and she would like to meet you. Eragon will be coming to speak with you in the morning and to ask for permission to bring you with us. Expect to see changes in my Rider when he comes.
Thank you, Saphira. I'll be sure to look for any changes. Harry replied, looking at the door as it opened and in stepped her mother and father. Both looked concerned as she quickly bade the dragon goodbye, felt the dragoness' mind leave hers and looked at them as they came and sat on her bed.
"Mom, dad, what is it?" she asked, putting the book aside and sitting up further, her face morphing into concern.
"We need to talk about the man and his friend, Harry," Minerva told her, looking at her husband, then back at her daughter.