Meeting Saphira

"Couldn't you have picked a better spot to stay?" Harry grumbled, looking up at Eragon as he neared the top of the forest bank they were currently climbing. Turning as he paused, he saw the girl still holding the cloak aloft and was treading on the ground like she didn't want to get mud on her clothes. Rolling his eyes slightly, he went back down and held out a hand as he answered, "Just as I said before, this was the only place we could find that was undetectable. Besides, Saphira is too noticeable for us not to stay anywhere nearer to Term."

Huffing, Harry took hold of the proffered hand and hoisted herself upwards as Eragon began walking up the embankment once more, saying under his breathe, "Just be happy that you weren't born in my time."
Harry looked up as she heard a whisper and raised an eyebrow as they both got to the top and the ground levelled out somewhat as she asked, "What did you say and what do you mean?"

"The time that I am talking about wasn't the best time to be born. Men, women and children were suspicious about their own neighbours and news was not as fast as it is these days. It took around two months to travel a long distance and that was by horse. People who opposed the King were named traitors and were at times caught and forced to serve the King. I consider myself lucky that Saphira and I were never caught as we would not be here today." Eragon answered, walking ahead and adding, "We're almost there."

Looking around, the girl saw bits of woods that were torn and rugged strewn around the forest and also some kind of track that tore up the muddy ground. Nerves shot up in her as Eragon shook his head and carried on walking. Walking towards the clearing that possibly held a monster, his face strangely making faces with no indication as to what was going on and with no explanation.

"Harry, Saphira says to go into the clearing. I'll be behind you the entire time." Eragon said after a minute of silence, looking at the girl as a small rustling came from the clearing, "She won't harm you. She has given me her word not to do anything that will harm or insult you."

"How do I know that she won't hurt you for bringing me? Just how well do you know her?" Harry asked, looking at the clearing as nervousness threatened to overwhelm her. Putting a hand on her shoulder, Eragon smiled gently and said, "I've known her her entire life from when I found her right through until now. She's like a sister to me when I only ever had my uncle and cousin to look to for guidance. She's my best friend and always will be. I trust her with my life."

Smiling at his words, Harry nodded and took a calming breath and somehow found herself walking towards the clearing as the rustling started up again, this time she ignored it as the trees were blown back a little and scales of some kind of beast were briefly thrown into her view before the trees snapped back into place leaving her and Eragon stood there, one frozen slightly while the other had an impassive look about their face as he looked down at the teenager beside her.

"Harry, are you feeling okay? Do you want to meet her another day?"

"No, I want to do it now. Let me have a minute then I'll go through and meet Saphira." Harry told him, looking at the trees, puffing out her chest and walking swiftly forwards. Eragon followed soon after, smiling as the girl walked into the clearing and stood still, bathed on moonlight as she stared at the dragon inside.

"Saphira?"

Yes, child. I am here. Came the reply, startling her as Eragon walked forward and took off the cloak, revealing a tunic that had seen better times as the hemming was frayed and the stitching was in need of renewing. Harry stared as the dragon opened an eye and watched as he folded the cloak up, stored it in a bag before he turned and nodded as he sat and closed his eyes. The dragon turned it's eye upon Harry and the voice sounded again, There is no need to cause alarm, my child. I have wanted to speak since this idiot here first wandered into Teirm.

"Eka elrun ono, Saphira." Bromsson murmered, shooting a glare as Harry blinked and looked at him as he stared back and sighed, adding, "What this over-grown lizard means is, she's wanted to see if anyone else knows about us yet after you followed me into the old city."

"Wait, this is... This is Saphira? But then that must mean..."Harry gasped, looking at the newly-named Saphira and back as he stood tall, nodded and replied, "Nam iet er Eragon Sundavar-Vergandí, sönr abr Brom un förn er Saphira Bjartskular."

"You're Eragon? You're actually him?"
Eragon, having just revealed his name and that of his dragon, chuckled as he smiled kindly and nodded, which set Harry's mind racing and her mouth to fall open in shock.

I love revelation chapters soo much!!!! This was always going to happen, right from the word go and I hope that you like reading it as much as I love writing it. I'm actually writing this on holiday and on my phone while my dad's out. I'm having a wonderful time and don't want to go back to dreary old England. Now, I have the hiccups so I'm getting a drink and will be working on the next chapter soon enough.

Till next time, I'm out. PEACE!!