Chapter 59: Fixing Things

Olivia rode on the back with Amelia as Owen drove back to the house. He couldn't be happier the girl was back with who she was meant to be

When they got to the house Maggie, Meredith and Alex were anxiously waiting for them.
Amelia walked in first and Owen carried Olivia who fell asleep on Amelia's arms in the car. The kid was just exhausted from not sleeping well all that time she was away.

"Is she alright?" Meredith asked.

"She's okay." Amelia said walking to the couch with Owen.

"Her hair" Maggie said looking sad.

"We'll fix it latter" Amelia said sitting down on the couch. "Give me her, Owen" she said and Owen placed the sleeping girl on Amelia's lap.

"She's okay now" Amelia said running her hand on the young girl's hair.

Olivia suddenly opened her eyes with a jump.

"It's okay. You're okay" Amelia said hugging the girl.
Olivia started crying. She had had a terrible nightmare.

"It's okay, you're home. Look" Amelia said.

"Hi Oli" Meredith said and Olivia turned around to look.

"Hi" Meredith said smiling as the girl calmed down noticing the surroundings.

"Are you okay?" Maggie asked sitting beside Amelia on the couch. Olivia nodded yes.

"Can we fix my hair now?" Olivia asked Amelia.

"Let's wait for Callie, okay?" Amelia said.

"Okay" Olivia said and hugged Amelia again.

"How about a movie while we wait?" Owen asked. "Cinderella?" He suggested and Olivia gave him a little smile, nodding yes.
He put the movie on and sat on the couch.

Amelia was so relieved but she still had that scary feeling. She was still terrified. She hugged her girl tight and tried to focus on the movie and Olivia cuddled her and kept a tight grip on her shirt.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

About 10 minutes into the movie Callie rang the bell. Maggie opened it and she walked in.

"Hi. I got the darkest brown they had. Is that okay?" Callie said.

"Sure" Amelia said. "Let's go fix it?" She asked Olivia who smiled and said "yeah".
Amelia sat Olivia in one of the stools in the kitchen island and Callie put the product on her hair.

"I can trim it a little if you want, Amy. It's a bit uneven" Maggie said.

"Yeah she needs a trim" Callie said.

"No. I don't wanna cut it shorter" Olivia said looking sad.

"Oh no honey. It's just to make it all on the same level. It won't be shorter" Amelia said smiling.

"I just had the best idea ever" Meredith said holding her phone and walking to stand next to Amy. "Look" she said showing a picture of a little girl with bangs and a hair a little above the shoulders. Just like Olivia's length would be after the trim. "Why don't you do like that?" Meredith asked. "It's so cute" she said.

"What do you think, Oli?" Amelia asked smiling. She actually really wanted the girl to do it.
Olivia looked at it and seemed to be thinking really hard about it.

"Do you like it mommy?" Olivia asked Amelia and the woman smiled big and said yes. Olivia let out a little shy smile and said yes.

"Alright. She's going to look so adorable" Callie said looking at the picture.
Callie finished putting the product on Oli's hair and then they sat in the living room watching the movie while waiting.