Chapter 37: Mommy

Amelia took Olivia to the car. The girl was really sleepy.
"My head hurt" Olivia said.
"I'm gonna get your medicine baby" Amelia told the child. She got it and gave it to her and Olivia was asleep before she started driving.
She wanted to do all the psychologist work as soon as possible so she decided to go to the hospital and try to see someone herself and than call Dr. Moore to see Olivia the next day.

So she drove back to the hospital.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

"Amelia?" Owen said as he saw the woman carrying sleeping Olivia in her arms.
She turned around.
"Hi" she said.
"What are you doing here? Is she okay?" He asked.
"She's alright" Amelia said. "I had a meeting with the judge on the case." Amelia said.
"What? Why?" Owen asked.
"The rehab thing" Amelia said.
"Oh god." He said worried.
"It's okay. It will be fine. He asked for 2 sessions with a psychologist for her and me" she said.
"That's it?" Owen asked.
"He said he would have signed everything today but it's protocol" Amelia said.
"That's good, right?" Owen asked.
"I think so" Amelia said her eyes filling with tears. "I can't lose her" she said and a couple tears escaped. She was trying to be strong and think positive but she was scared.
"You won't" Owen said and hugged them. He felt really bad and scared too. He knew that if Amelia lost Olivia none of them would make it.
"She's not going anywhere" Owen said and kissed the sleeping girl and let go of them.
"But what exactly are you doing her?" He asked.
"I'll try to schedule the session now" Amelia said. "For me" she added. "I'll call the doctor that saw her there. She seemed okay with the woman when I went to pick her up"
"Okay. Anything then just get me" Owen said as he got paged.
"Okay" she said and walked away.

Luckily she was able to schedule one for the very same day and one for the next. Then she called Doctor Moore and scheduled one for 9:30 the next day for Olivia.
Then she went to look for Owen. She needed someone to stay with Olivia so she could go to her first.
She looked all around for him and found out he had gone to an OR.
"Okay. thank you" she told the nurse who told her.
"Amelia?" Callie said. "Is everything okay?" She asked putting her hand on Olivia's back.
"Oh hi. It's fine." Amelia said. "I had a meeting with the judge and I need a psychologist eval apparently." She said.
"Rehab?" Callie asked. She knew that would show up eventually.
"Yeah" Amelia said. "Can you watch her for me? Owen is on surgery"
"Sure." Callie said and went to pick Olivia.
"I have to tell her" Amelia said.
"Hey it's alright. Let her sleep" Callie said.
"If she wakes up.." Amelia said.
"She'll be fine. She's with me" Callie said. "Just go you worried mother" Callie added laughing and Amelia handed her the girl.
"Thank you" she said laughing too and went.

She was a bit scared of just leaving the child but she trusted Callie and she knew Olivia liked the woman.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

Callie took Olivia to the attendees room.
"Who's that?" Jackson Avery asked.
"Olivia" Callie said. "Amelia is working on some adoption stuff" she said sitting down on a couch and laying the girl on her lap.
"Wow she looks so much better" April said walking in the room.
"She does, doesn't she?" Callie said putting a lock of hair behind the girls ear. Olivia moved a little and opened her eyes.
"No hospital" she said when she saw Callie and hugged the woman tight scared.
"Hey. It's okay" Callie said. "I'm not a doctor now. I'm just watching you so Amy can talk to someone really fast" Callie told the girl. "It's okay." She said running her hand on Olivia's arm.

The girl let go of her and Callie saw the kid had a couple of tears falling.
"No need to cry. Its okay. It's me" she said wiping Olivia's face. "Go back to sleep honey" she said trying to lay the girl back down.
"No. I don't want to" Olivia said.
"Are you sure?" She said and Olivia sat up straight on her lap nodding yes.
"Hi Olivia" April said and the little girl shyly smiled. Suddenly Stephanie walked in.
"Dr. Kepner. Dr. Bailey is looking for you" Stephanie said and April stood up and walked to the door. Before leaving she turned around and said "bye Oli". Stephanie smiled and waved to the girl who managed a little wave back.
"You are very cute, do you know that?" Callie said smiling and hugging the girl.
"How about if we go to the playroom?" Callie asked. "Would that be fun?"
"Is Amelia gonna take a long time?" Olivia asked.
"No. Not too long" Callie said and the girl just stayed silent. "Let's go then?" Callie asked her and Olivia nodded yes so Callie took her to the playroom.

They did some drawing for a while together and Olivia was actually having fun. Then they sat down on the floor to watch some cartoons with two other kids that were there and as it went on Olivia got really tired.
"Do you want to take a nap?" Callie asked her. Olivia nodded yes and opened her arms so Callie would pick her up. The woman did just that.
"How about if we take a game to that room we were before and you can try to sleep a little bit and then we can play more?" She said.
"Okay" Olivia said and rested her head on Torres's shoulder. Callie got uno and Candyland and walked back to the attendees room. She put Olivia on the couch and sat next to her. "Sleep or play a little more?" She asked.
"Can we play just one?" Olivia asked shyly.
"Of course we can" Callie told the cute little girl. "Which one?" She asked.
"Uno" Olivia said.
"Alright" Callie said.
They played one game and Callie won.
"Rematch?" Callie asked and Olivia smiled and nodded yes.
Suddenly Amelia walked in.
"Amy!" The girl said excited to see the woman.
"Hi Oli" Amelia said and ran to the girl and picked her up. "What are you two doing here?" She asked smiling.
"We're playing uno" Olivia said. "Callie won" she added.
"She did?" Amelia asked smiling at how excited the kid was. Olivia nodded yes.
"Do you wanna play too?" Olivia asked her.
"Sure" Amelia said putting the girl back on the couch.

She pulled a chair and sat in front of them. They play one game and Amelia won.
"I wanna play again. I didn't win yet" Olivia said sounding sad.
"The more you play the better you'll get" Callie said. "You know what?! You should play with my daughter Sofia some time" Callie added.
"Playdate?" Amelia asked.
"Sure. That would be fun. Right Oli?" Callie said.
"Can I? I never had a playdate?" Olivia said.
"Of course you can" Amelia smiled.
Olivia smiled big at Callie. Both women couldn't help but smiled too at how happy the little girl was. She looked nothing like the tiny thing that was rushed to the hospital.
"Alright last game then" Amelia said. "We gotta go have lunch"
They started playing again and suddenly Callie said "Amy why are you trying to see my cards?" laughing.
"What? I'm not" Amy lied jokingly trying to make Olivia laugh.
"Yes you are" Olivia said laughing.
"That's cheating. You can't do that" Callie said.
Amelia smiled and they went on with the game.
Suddenly Amelia did it again.
"Amelia don't" Callie said.
"What?" Amelia said still doing and trying hard not to laugh as Olivia giggled at her.
"Don't do that." Olivia said fast giggling excited. "You can't do that mommy" the girl said and both women froze.

As soon as Olivia realized what escaped her mouth she took both hands and covered her mouth. Her eyes started spilling the tears so fast she couldn't stop them. She started sobbing.