Chapter 39: Date Night

The rest of the afternoon went great. The kids played and watched cartoons. Amelia had called Owen and he said he would pick her up at 7 and they would stop by at Callie's then head to a restaurant. So when it was 6 she started to get ready. She showered and got dressed and then helped Olivia pack a little bag for her.

At 6:55 Owen rang the doorbell.
Amelia opened the door.
"Hi" she said.
"Hi" he said.
"Come in" she said and he walked in.
"Where's the little one?" Owen asked.
"Upstairs"
"Can I?" He asked pointing to the stairs.
"Go ahead Owen" she laughed and he went up.
"Hi princess" he told Olivia walking inside her bedroom.
"Hi" the little girl smiled when she saw him. He walked to the bed, where she was, and picked her up.
"What a beautiful dress you're wearing" she said.
"Thank you" Olivia said.
"Are you ready to go Oli?" Amelia asked.
"Yeah" Olivia said.
"So let's go?" Amelia asked Owen.
.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

.
They got to Callie's house and both noticed Olivia was a little nervous. Owen carried her to the door and Amelia rang the bell.
"Hi" Callie said smiling as she opened the door.
"Uhhh you two look fancy" she said smiling and both blushed embarrassed.
"Come on in. Sofia is mixing some dough in the kitchen. We're making cookies Oli" Callie said smiling excited but the girl didn't look at her and hid her face on Owen's neck.
"Hey" Amelia said. "Do you want to go make cookies too honey?" Amelia asked and Olivia shook her head no. Suddenly they heard a sniff. She was crying.
"Oh honey. Come here" Amelia said and Owen handed her the girl.
"What's wrong?" Amelia asked Olivia but the girl stayed quiet.
"What's wrong honey? You said you wanted to come" Amelia said. "Are you scared?" She asked but Olivia wouldn't answer.
"Oli your mom will be back soon. They'll just have dinner and they'll be back" Callie said.
"I promise I'm not leaving you" Amelia said as the girl was calming down.
"Come on" Callie said putting her hand on Olivia's back.
"Don't take too long" Olivia said and went with Callie.
"We won't" Amelia said. She felt bad for leaving the girl in there like that.
"Say see you soon mommy" Callie said but Olivia just waved.
"Have fun with Sofia" Amelia said and kissed Oli's cheek. Owen handed Callie the girl's bag and they left.
"Are you okay?" Owen asked Amelia.
"Yeah" she said serious.
"Amy. She's okay" Owen said.
"I know. It's just"
"Look if it wasn't today it would be the moment you dropped her off at school." He said.
"I know" Amelia said. "Well let's go because we have to be back before her shot" she said and he drove. She could let Callie do it but she knew Olivia would not like that at all so she wanted to go slow with all of that.

When Callie shut the door Olivia was still crying.
"They'll be back soon. Don't worry" she told the girl who just hid her face and kept sniffing. "How about we go make those cookies with Sofia huh?" Callie said and took the girl to the kitchen.
"Sofia. This is Olivia" she said and her daughter smiled.
"Why is she sad mommy?" Sofia asked.
"She wanted to stay with her mommy" Callie explained and sat Olivia on the counter. The girl sat up straight and started wiping her face.
"They'll be back soon. Don't worry, okay?" She said. "Let's make some cookies for them" Callie said smiling. "Do you wanna do that?" She asked and Olivia nodded yes. She put the girl on a stool next to Sofia and they started making the cookies. Olivia was a bit sad at first but as time went on she was alright. They were giggling and having fun.

After the cookies were done they had dinner which was pizza and then ate the cookies while watching a movie and Olivia asked to save two for her mom and Owen. Callie placed two cookies in a box and sat back to watch the movie. They did that till Amelia and Owen got back.
.
GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS
.
At the restaurant they had a great dinner. Amelia felt weird to go on a date like that. She felt like it had been forever since she actually sat at a restaurant to have a fancy dinner with a man.

It went great.
They talked about the girl and work and everything. The conversation just flew.
Owen did ask Amelia if she was scared about the rehab thing and she told him yes. She couldn't lie. She was terrified.
"If anything happens I'll take her" Owen said.
"What?" Amelia asked in chock. "You would do that?"
"Yes" he said serious.
She smiled as tears filled her eyes.
"Thank you" she said. She felt so relieved. She knew for sure that no matter what her daughter would be okay.
They finished eating and talking and when they saw it was already 8:35.
"I think we should go" Amelia said.
"Yeah" Owen agreed.
They payed and headed to the car.
Outside the restaurant Amelia couldn't hold anymore. She just wanted to kiss him.
So she did. They kissed and then went inside the car and kissed again. They started to make out.
"Her shot" Owen said stopping them.
Amelia fixed her clothes and they headed to Torres's house.
When they got there they found Olivia and Sofia passed out on the floor sharing their covers and a pillow.
"Was she good?" Amelia asked worried.
"Yeah. She cried a little after you left but the cookies did help a bit" Callie said smiling. "She had fun and they got along really well as you can see" Callie laughed staring at the girls and Owen and Amelia smiled.
"They just fell asleep" Callie added.
"Thank you for watching her" Amelia said.
"Oh no worries." Callie said. "She's a good kid. Anytime you need just call"
"Thanks" Amelia said. "Well.. So I gotta get her now" Amelia smiled and went to pick Olivia up. When she touched the girl she woke up.
"Mommy?" Olivia whispered.
"Hi" Amelia said putting Olivia's hair out of her face. The girl jumped and hugged her. Amelia stood up with the girl in her arms.
"Let's go home?" Amelia said.
"Yeah" Olivia said resting her head on Amelia's shoulder.
"Say bye to Callie" Amelia said.
"Bye" Olivia said and went to kiss the woman. Callie hugged the girl and kissed her cheek and Olivia rested her head on Amy's shoulder again and took her blanket to her face.
"Will you come back another time Oli?" Callie asked.
"Yeah" Olivia said with a smile.
"Have a good night munchkin" Callie said smiling and they went to the car.
Amelia buckled Olivia up and went to her seat.
"Was it fun?" She asked the girl.
"Uhum" Olivia said sleepy.
"Good" Amelia said smiling and Owen started driving.
When they got back to the house Olivia was out. Owen carried her to bed, helped Amelia give the girl her shot, which she luckily slept through the entire thing, and then he left.
"We should do this more often" he told Amelia at the front porch.
"We should" she said and she kissed him.
Then he walked to his car and left.
Amelia got back in the house and went to get ready for bed. She showered and got dressed and then laid down. Suddenly Zola walked in.
"Aunt Amy?" The girl said.
"Yes?" Amelia said sitting on the bed.
"Oli is asking for you" Zola said. Amelia got out of bed and headed to the girl's bedroom. When she walked in Olivia was sitting on her bed crying.
"What happened honey?" Amelia asked and then she saw the bed was wet.
"Oh baby. It's okay. Let's get you clean up. Come on" she said picking Olivia up.
"Did you have a nightmare?" She asked and Olivia said "Uhum" crying
"Go back to bed Zo" Amelia said and Zola went.

Amelia walked in the closet and got pajamas out and took the girl to the bathroom. She cleaned up Olivia and put a diaper on her just in case. The girl just cried the entire time.
"I don't want that. I'm not a baby" Olivia cried when Amelia laid her down to put the diaper on.
"I know you're not." Amelia said putting it on the girl anyways and then picking her up.
"Let's go to my bed" Amelia said and took Olivia to her bed.
"Stay right here and I'll be right back." Amelia said and went back to the girl's bedroom. She took everything out to the laundry room and took the mattress too. Then she got Olivia's little stitch and went back to her bedroom.
Olivia was still crying and hugging her blanket.
"Here baby" Amelia said handing the stuffy to the girl who grabbed it and hugged it.
"I want my paci tonight mommy" Olivia cried.
"Okay" Amelia said getting out of the bed and getting the pacifier on her bag and washing it on the bathroom sink. She got another shirt and changed into it since hers got wet and went back to the girl.
"It's okay Oli. Calm down. You're okay baby" Amelia said laying on the bed and hugging the girl.
Olivia snuggled her mother and cried herself to sleep that night.
Amelia felt horrible.
She wanted to just make the girl's pains and fears disappear but she couldn't.
She was doing everything she possibly could and she was scared it wasn't enough.