Chapter 10: Discharged

Olivia was so tired that she slept the entire night. Luckily she didn't need any shots. Amelia spent the night there again and Callie stopped by twice before her work shift was over. Owen went to check on the girl and Amelia was sleeping so he decided not to wake her up.

Olivia woke up at 7:25am the next day. She had breakfast and watched tv with Amelia. At 9am Nurse Gloria came in to give Olivia her shot.

"We'll do it really fast okay?" Amelia said picking the girl up and sitting on the couch. She pulled Olivia's shirt up to show her tummy and Gloria gave her the shot. The girl just closed her eyes tight and said Au.

"You didn't even cry!" Amelia said smiling as Gloria put a Band-Aid on Olivia.

"You did so good bunny" Amelia said tickling the girl's arm over the bunny pajamas. Olivia turned so she could hug Amelia and the woman stood up.

"You did very good" Amelia said walking around the room.

The rest of the day they just watched tv and Olivia drew a little and played with an activity book Callie had brought to her while she was asleep.

.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

.

Owen called Cecilia and Susan picked up.

"Hello?" Susan said.

"Hi Susan. It's Dr. Owen Hunt from Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital" he said.

"Oh hi" Susan said. "Is she okay?"

"Yes she's alright and it seems that her sugar levels are regulated so she's clear to go home" he said.

"Okay" Susan said sounding a bit upset.

"Susan why did you lie on that paper?" He asked knowing he was crossing the line.

"I didn't lie sir" Susan said. "We'll pick her up at 3." She said and hung up.

.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

.

It was almost 3pm when Owen walked in.

"Hi" he told them and Olivia hugged Amelia who was sitting right beside her on the bed as she was coloring a page on the activity book.

"It's okay" Amelia said.

"I just came to say that your sister will be here soon" Owen said. He looked at Amelia and she knew he meant Olivia would go home.

"She's happy to see her sister right Livy?" Amelia said faking she was happy and the girl nodded. She didn't want to make this hard for the child. "Thank you dr. Hunt" Amelia said and looked at him like she wanted him to just leave.

"Good" he said and walked out. He knew there was no way that was going to end good.

"Are they coming too?" Olivia asked a bit upset.

"I don't know baby" Amelia lied and hugged the girl.

She knew they would take her home. She knew that since Susan lied there was nothing the social worker could do at the moment. With the investigation maybe Olivia would get new foster parents in 2 or 3 weeks but nothing immediate. And she hated that.

"Liv. Do you know how to use a phone?" Amelia asked.

"i think so" Olivia said.

Amelia got off the bed and got a card and her phone on her bag.