Page 12

Evan woke up to the sound of the door opening seeing the guys were all awake and Craig was still clinging to his chest " I didn't wanna wake you" Craig said looking up and Evan nodded slightly.

" Boss we need to act now Toms making an army" the male in the green mask said " NO" Mark yelled out causing everyone to look, Mark rushed to this males side grabbing his wrists " You can't you'll die he has to many men" Mark said with a cracky voice.

Evan stood from his seat as Craig hid behind him and David was hiding to himself " Mark I have to, I'll come back alive I promise" the male said placing a hand on Marks check who lashed out and hugged the male " No you can't" Mark said sounding broken.

The skull masked male stood up grabbing Marks arm pulling him away from the male " NO YOU WAITED TOO LONG YOU FUCKED UP BY TAKING US FIRST" Mark screamed in the males face who just grabbed Marks shirt.

" Does someone want to fucking explain" Evan cursed out in anger seeing the two males leave the room without answering then the door was heard being locked as Mark turned around with tears in his eyes.

" DO you care to EXPLAIN" Evan angrily said through gritted teeth " Oh would you leave me alone" Mark said sliding down the wall by the door hands to his face sobbing " No I won't I want to fucking know WHAT'S GOING ON" Evan yelled as his body started to shake.

" HE'S MY FUCKING HUSBAND EVAN ALRIGHT I'M MARRIED TO HIM HIS NAMES JACK YOU KNOW HIM AND I WAS SET TO KEEP YOU ALL FUCKING SAFE TILL THEY COULD KILL TOM AND GET US OUT ALIVE AND THEY WOULD HAVE IF YOU DIDN'T TRY TO RUN" Mark screamed out as tears frantically dripped down his face.

Evan took a step back as the guys stared blankly " You mean J... um Delirious's friend" David said rubbing his arm looking at Evan with sorrow who was blankly staring at Mark breaking to pieces on the ground.

" Yes... I-I met him after that day and... he... he wanted to save you guys he got his friends and came... came to help so I offered to go inside and keep you guys safe" Mark said curled into a ball on the ground sobbing.

" Why did you tell us" Evan said in a hushed tone in to much shock as to who one of the males were " Because if I did then you would have slipped up we couldn't risk that Jack wanted to save you for the memory of Jon he wanted to help you as one last way to repay Jon... you don't know this but Jon and Jack were closer than you think they both lost their minds both lost loved ones and after Jack lost his first love he was broken till Jon helped him onto his feet and in return Jack set Jon free but then Tom... and you know, Jack looked at Jon as a brother and the least he can do is save his brothers love and friends" Mark said fully breaking into a panic attack not being able to breath " A-And now he's going to die because they wanted you save my love is going to die" Mark sobbed out turning away from the guys.

" Jacks that mercenary right" Craig asked in a cautious tone as Evan nodded his head and walked to the beds sitting down with his head in his hands, everything hit him all Evan had to do was play along but he tried to save them he didn't know anyone would try and help and now it took longer than it had to be but now they all could be dead and Jack's plan would be for nothing, Evan looked up at his group with sad eyes taken in this last moments or days they could possibly have together.

--

" Move" I said in the earpiece watching my men flood into Toms base we had our guns up and I wasn't taking any risks as the place was empty " Anything" I asked over the ear piece " No" they all replied and I grew angry.

We walked around finding no one everything was left as is and it seemed like they up and disappeared this wasn't good but I knew Tom was going to hurt them when they came back from the shipment and I couldn't let that happen they couldn't get hurt that wasn't the plan.

" Jack where are they" I asked over the headset hearing nothing so I looked around more then found Toms office it was burning, files, papers and everything was on fire leaving no traces " Everything's gone we need to get back" I said making my way to the front doors fast.

As I was running I remembered hearing Mark scream before we left, I just hope the guys aren't too shaken up by knowing Jacks in my group, I hope their safe since we all came here prepared for a fight but found nothing.

Once back at the base everyone rushed off trying to find information and the place seemed ok for now, Jack followed me to where we were keeping the guys, I opened the door seeing Mark jump up and run towards me hugging Jack who took his mask off and kissed him, I felt a pain in my chest at that sight but then I looked around Craig was curled into a ball on the couch David was staring at me with red eyes and Evan he was sitting on the bed staring at the floor till his head slowly looked up.

Evan looked up at the two he felt nothing but sadness inside him he's glad Jacks here to help but he knows deep down they won't be strong enough to take Tom down by themselves " You wont win this" he said looking at the skull masked man whose eyes looked sad and broken like his own.

" We will Evan I'm sorry we couldn't talk sooner I was trying to keep this all secret for your safety" Jack said holding Mark close to his body " No Jack I know what he can do you won't win this were all dead" Evan said sniffling away the tears staring at Craig who had tears rolling down his face and David who looked broken.

The skull masked male punched the wall " Boss" Jack said cautiously " Can I at least know who you all are before we die" Evan said looking up with broken eyes " I can't tell-" Jack was cut off, the masked male walked to the table tossing out multiple guns and knives he hid on himself then placed his hands on the table gripping it tightly staring at Evan.

Evan felt a wave of guilt run through him for some reason, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the charm staring at it with teary eyes.

The masked male looked at the charm with wide eyes as everything hit him, that was his charm he lost it the night he saved Evan that charm has been with him everyday since he could remember it was special and it gave him hope of winning everyday and seeing Evan hold it gave him some relief knowing it wasn't trashed.

He walked over and sat down against the wall " Boss" Jack said walking over but getting a death glare " Ok I'll leave you alone can I take Mark with me" Jack asked getting a head nod " So were just going to be locked in here till we die" Evan asked.

The masked male tightened his fists before walking out of the room, Jack turned around " We're not going to let you die none of you will and you'll find out who we are soon enough Evan just stay here your safe here" Jack said leaving the room with Mark.

Evan stared back down at the charm " You were there when I was saved so if there is some magic to you make sure the guys are safe at least I can die I have nothing left but they deserve better" Evan whispered to himself before rolling over on the bed facing the wall being consumed by his thoughts.