Page 8

Two weeks of nothing... two weeks of dead ends, no traces, no finds, no clues, nothing... those few things they found at the warehouse were all cold nothing to them but ghost whispers, Tom has been getting more on edge and taking it out on our four beloved people, Tom will not hurt them because he needs them but he's been treating them like shit.

Tonight the guys are sent out by themselves to go and talk to the gangs and make sure everyone is in check for Tom, it's almost like maintenance but for people, Craig is to go give drugs to the leaders and collect the money, David is to go check the stores and make sure each places is keeping up with their gun sales, Mark is to check each ship along with the surrounding areas and make sure no one is trying to rise against Tom, Evan has to go and make sure the crime that’s scheduled is going over well and their numbers are growing not decreasing.

Evan had just left the fifth gang leaders base so far their numbers are increasing fast so he has no worry there, in his car he heads out to the far off base by the city line to make sure their trying to push for more territory.

The wind was blowing slightly as he reached into his pocket pulling out the little charm looking it over it was beautiful there was tiny blue sapphires all over it in different shades give the owl features, Evan almost wanted this for himself since the owl was his old identity and the blue reminded him of someone special but this piece didn’t make him sad like all the others things he has that reminded him of his crazy lover.

He arrived at the base and walked inside seeing men patrolling, some were bloody while others were rushing out this place was always busy since they never stop fighting they are on the streets recruiting well forcing people to join, it made Evan sad seeing this but there was nothing he could do.

Once inside the main office the boss made his men leave " So Vanoss how does it feel being on this side now" the older male snickered out " How many men have you brought in since the last visit" Evan asked wanting to get straight to business " 350 men in 2 months" the male said smugly and proud.

" How many have you lost" Evan asked seeing the male shift " 27 dead and 42 injured" the boss said raising a brow at the small male who sat emotionless " Thank you I will let Tom know" Evan said getting from his seat but stopped and turned " Have you seen or heard of a group that wears masks" he asked wanting to find something.

" No I haven't all of our casualties came from police encounters why is there word or a new group running around" the boss asked intrigued " No we just want to make sure there are no rivals in our territory" Evan said then exited the office making his way back towards the car.

As the drive lengthened Evan grew more pissed off at the fact these people are basically ghosts no one has seen them but his men that night and its worrying him is someone watching them are his men in danger, Evan grew more upset to the point he had to pull over he knew Tom wouldn’t be happy at this break but Evan needed to walk and hopefully clear his mind.

Its been over an hour now and Evan was just barely calming down when his phone buzzed.

" Hello" Evan asked " Hey we are heading back to the house will you be back soon" Craig asked almost in a worried voice " Yeah im heading to Toms office now" Evan said making his way down the street to where he parked the car.

After hanging up on Craig he saw all the missed calls and messages he had from the guys it made him sad knowing he was blacked out in thought that bad but he tried to shake it off, there was a breeze of cold air that made him jump but he saw nothing around him.

Hurrying to the car he unlocked it getting in and taking off down the street his mind wasn’t fully there and he needed to hurry before it played more tricks on him.

--

" So there is only one group lagging behind I'll have a chat with them tomorrow" Tom said after Evan explained everything and gave all the information he gathered tonight " Now Evan I have one question for you" Tom said leaning forwards making Evan feel nervous.

" You swear you have no idea who these people are" Tom asked making Evans heart start beating faster " No" Evan choked out.

" Are you sure because the cell has been empty for a while would be ashamed to have to bleach it again" Tom said making Evan shiver at the memories " No Tom if I knew I would have found them already but I know nothing other then everything you already know" Evan said hoping Tom would take his word.

The minutes that passed seemed like forever as Evan tried not to break a sweat from how nervous he was " Alright your free to go home" Tom said waving his hand and leaning back into his seat before picking up the phone going to make a call.

Evan wasted no time in leaving that place, once outside he took a deep breath thankful he didn’t get locked up again.

He was on his way home when he decided to take a detour into the city over he knew this was a risk since Tom was already on his case about everything but his mind needed some clarity.

--

Evan rubbed his eyes tiredly as he stared at the computer screen he had broken into the police station then hacked into FBI files, he started from looking at anything that may help him find these people and once that went cold he decided to look himself up along with the crew but everything on there was old news and showed the gang ( heroes ) went cold and were never heard or seen from again as they assumed the group had been killed or left the city to fend for themselves now.

It hurt Evan to think that so close to peacefully town they made was now back to old habits and struggling to keep above water.

He searched for Brock and Brian but found the two had retired and moved away, they are raising a family with a little girl and little boy it warned Evans heart to know at least their safe and away from everything but it hurt because he would never have that.

Decided he better get home since he had been out and the suns almost up now he started making his way back when flashbacks hit him and that overwhelming pain came back, what has this world come to, what has he turned into.

He wanted to run and make a break for it but nothing in him could leave the guys no matter how easy he can just take off right now and not look back he couldn’t he promised to keep the crew safe and he almost broke that before this new group came into play.

That’s when it hit him every mission they had after Evan got out of Toms cells had gone smoothly with little problems other than one and that’s when this group showed up, he always had a feeling he was being watched but never played on that thought, he saw that male in the mask then things went south and they saved him.

That's when Evan thought maybe he has to be in danger maybe that’s the only way to see this group again it’s a far thought that might not even be true maybe this group wants to kill them but it’s the only idea of meeting these people again he could come up with.