The True Story

Reader's POV

The scene around me changed again. The field of sunflowers and the clear blue sky disappeared. I was back in my regular outfit, including my hoodie. But I was still holding my sister's hand as we stood in a traditional Japanese bedroom. It was the bedroom where we had found the Yuki Onna's body except it looked cleaner and newer, just like it did centuries ago. 

A beautiful Japanese girl wearing a pink traditional kimono knelt on one side of the room. The eldest Tsukino daughter, I realised. An older man who must have been her father knelt in front of her. 

"Shiragiku, what do you think of the suitors that have come to visit you?" asked the man. "They're all alright, father," she replied with a soft voice. "You're turning 14 years old soon. We have to find a suitor as soon as possible. Luckily, you are a desirable girl and there are many men who want to marry you. However, we still have two weeks to decide. Goodnight, my daughter," said her father as he rose to leave the room.

A few moments later, the door slid open again. A young girl, maybe around twelve years old, peeked into the room. I gasped when I saw her long white hair tied in a loose ponytail. She was the Yuki Onna! "Onee-sama, can I come in?" she asked. Her sister smiled and nodded. The little girl excitedly ran to Shiragiku and grabbed her hands. "So who are you going to marry?" she asked innocently. "Father has chosen the rich man who came today," Shiragiku answered. "You mean that perverted old fatty?" asked her sister. "You mustn't say such things...although I, myself don't really like him," she said, smiling gently. 

"If you don't like him, then why don't we just run away? We can do it together!" suggested her sister innocently. Shiragiku's eyes widened before smiling gently. "Well, actually that's a good idea. We can leave the night before my wedding," she said. "But you must go now before Father finds you." The little girl nodded and ran out of the room. 

The scene changed to the next morning. "Shiragiku, another suitor has come to see you," said her father. This time, the suitor was much younger. In fact, he looked only about 16 or 17 years old. He was also very handsome. I noticed Shiragiku blushing slightly when she saw him. The young suitor's family was incredibly rich, even richer than all the other suitors. Shiragiku's father eagerly agreed to give his daughter to him in marriage.

Night fell and her sister came to visit her again. "What's the suitor like this time?" she asked. "He's only three years older than me and he's very rich," Shiragiku said. "Is he the handsome one?" asked her sister. "Have you been spying on me again?" sighed the older sister. "He is handsome...but I don't trust him," said her sister. "Really? Why?" asked Shiragiku, surprised. "I'm not sure why but I just don't like him. Don't trust him, onee-sama," warned her sister. The older sister simply smiled, probably thinking about how strange and silly her sister is.

I stared at the twelve year old girl with long silver-white hair and beautiful icy blue eyes. Was this really the Yuki Onna?

Author's Note: I really hope to finish this story soon. The picture above is actually Illya from Fate UBW. The Yuki Onna looks like that except with blue eyes.