The Reaper's Secret (Part 2)

Author's Note: Thanks so much for following this story. It's my first fanfiction so I guess it shouldn't be that good. Anyway, for those of you who didn't know, Asura is Kid's brother and it was revealed in the manga (picture above). And the Japanese lady who they were fighting is based off the Kuchisake Onna (split mouth woman), which is a Japanese urban legend. Please leave a comment. I would really appreciate it.

Kid's POV

"What? What kind of lie are you trying to pull of?" I said. "I'm not lying. Asura was born out of a fragment of your father's soul containing his fear. Judging from the fact that your father hid all this from you, I guess he doesn't trust you," the woman replied. I rushed forward and pinned her down, pointing Liz and Patty at her. "Father would never have a child like Asura!" I yelled. "Kid, calm down!" yelled Liz. "Kiddo-kun, don't listen to her!" Patty shouted. She only smiled wider and said," Yes, he would. Ah, I can even see some of my lord in you. You two look very alike, don't you think?" I shot her immediately. "See? You're even just like him. Ruthlessly shooting me just because of what I said," she said before she lost consciousness. 

"Kid!" (y/n) yelled, slicing a dust puppet that was just about to attack me. The dust puppets began crumbling once their master lost consciousness. (y/n) ran over to me and helped me up. "Get a hold of yourself!" she said, shaking my shoulders. "I'm...Asura's little brother," I muttered. "Yeah...I heard what she said," (y/n) said. "Am I really his brother? How can I become the next Grim Reaper? What if I turn out just like him? Am I going to turn out to be a mons-" 

She slapped me across the face, hard. Even with her blades withdrawn she can still slap pretty well. I was still too shocked to do anything as she wrapped her arms around me. She giggled. "I knew it. You really are asymmetrical," she said. Her head was pressed against my chest. "I can hear your heart beating in there. It's a bit to the left just like a normal human being's. Kid, even though you're the next Grim Reaper, you're not arrogant at all. Hanging out with us, fighting with us, freaking out over symmetry in front of us...you act just like a good friend is supposed to, not like some high and mighty reaper. Kid, you even consider yourself partly human. You have your own dark side but you're not going to let it win over your good side. You're all about balance remember? Even if that does happen, I'm gonna be there to make sure you get your senses back," she said. 

She looked up at me and said with determination," You are not a monster." She was right. None of my friends, who have supported me this far, see me that way. Even now that they know who my brother is, they still look at me the way they always have-like a friend. I'm not Asura. 

"Thank you, (y/n)," I said. "Now, would you mind slapping me again on the other side of my face?" She sighed and slapped me again, hard. "Sorry," she said. I smiled at her, knowing that my cheeks must have a red handprint on each of them.