Chapter 10

3 months ago

Checking in to the Fuji Lake Hotel was quick and easy. The room was very roomy and warm colored. You could lay on the bed look out the window and see the mountain. With a large smile on my face I went and check out the bathroom which I really want the tube it was tall and deep and the water came out of a pipe thing kind of like in the old day when they first started butting water in houses, I just loved it. I looked out the window to the same view as in the main room, it was truly breath taking that is the only way to explain it. I walked back into the main room where Nate was unpacking and wrapped my arms around his waist. I did not want to let go so far this whole trip as been one over whelming experience and I was grateful to share it with Nate, but he has also made it very special.

Week one end with sight seeing anything and everything we could and romantic dinners with candle light, which I have to say were at the top of my favorite's list as of right now. I was tired to the point that I could sleep for 24 hours straight. Nate being the sweet and caring person he is let me have my way. We relaxed in the hotel room the next day, everything was going great then there was a knock at the door. Nate got up and got the door only to find Zack standing at it.

Ok now he is starting to creep me out, he had to be following us now there was no questions about it. But I let it go seeing the large happy smile on Nate's face, he must really miss him over the years. They chatted and Nate gave me a kiss before they left to do whatever guys do. I fell asleep shortly after they left.

I woke up the next day seeing the sun shining in from the window. I still could not get over the view we had. Once I had some breakfast and a shower I went walking down the street with all the shops nothing really stood out for me so I did not buy anything. I walked around most of the day and when it started to get dark I made my way back to the hotel. I relaxed in the room by myself Nate and Zack had not come back yet but I figured they were having fun so I did not think too much on the issue. I got my laptop out and started to look for things to do for the rest of the week. I found a few things that I would check out like the pasture and the ropeway.

4 days had passed and I had not seen or heard from Nate or Zack which really pissed me off. I had gone and did some outdoor things by myself and it was hard since I couldn't really speak their lingo, so I got lost a lot. It was Saturday now and we were suppose to leave tomorrow but since I had not talked to Nate I had no idea what was going on now. I was picking up cloths that need to be washed and heading down to the washing area of the hotel. 2 hours later I was back in the room packing and waiting for Nate to show up before I went to bed. He never did before I feel asleep hours later. I woke up to the alarm then I noticed I was in the bed and a pair of arms were holding me. I pushed them off and got out of bed and dressed. Nate was still sleeping and I was still mad at him so I pushed him off the bed. Turning around just as he stood up. "Get ready we need to head to the airport" I said with no emotion in my voice. Grabbing my suit case which I made sure to pack only my stuff in I left the room. Waiting at the front desk so I could check out I seen Nate coming to stand by me. Once it was my turn I stepped up to the desk and checked out. Trying my best to forget that Nate was there I walked with my suit case to the car waiting to take us to the airport.

The car ride was quit and you could feel the emotions that hovered over us, well more like me. I just could not believe that he would up and leave me for 5 to 6 day without a word then come back and sleep in the same bed as I. Well at least now I know how it feels to be mad at him. I had thought about going back home in the last couple of days and as of last night that is what I was going to do.

Stepping out of the car at the airport, retrieved my bag and walked to the counter to change my flight ticket. Nate was right behind me and I could care less, ok I did care but only my body, ever since that night in France my body is even more aware of him now. It was finally my turn the guy at the counter looked up "Next" taking the few steps to the counter with a nice smile on my face "Hi, I would like to change my flight ticket please?" "Name" "Athena Knight." He typed away on the computer after a few minutes he looked back up "Where would you like to change the flight to?" "Heights county Georgia." "Ok, we have a flight that leave out in 2 hours for there if that is ok?" "Yes, that's fine" He printed out the new ticket for me giving me a sweet smile and I went to get myself something to drink and eat while I waited.

I felt Nate come up from behind me and sit down at the table, I did not look up nor did I say anything to him. I could feel him staring at me but I just ignored it. I was still mad at him and I did not want to have a yelling match in front of all these people.

"Why are we going home?" he asked I took in a large breath to make sure my voice did not falter "I'm going home because I need to be there and so you can spend as much time with Zack as you want and not worry about me, but you may go where ever you want." I could feel the air around us change as I finished my little speech. I heard him take a quick uneasy breath like someone had just hit him. "Athena, please look at me? I don't understand what is going on!" I looked down at my hands and twirled the ring on my fingerer, what I was about to do was going to break my heart and it did not feel right at all but it needs to be done. I could not help feeling like if he could leave me for those days without a thought about it then he might do it again and I was not the type to play those games so I knew I had to do this. I could not trust him in that way anymore.

I slowly slide the ring off and reach across the table and took his hand turning it with his palm facing up I placed the ring in his hand closing his fingers around it. I keep a hold of his hand for a few more minutes not looking up. I could feel the tears trying to fall but I held them back there was no point in crying about this it was my choice. Hearing them call my flight number for boarding I looked into his eyes while give a light kiss to his hand "You go your way and I'll go mine." I got up and walked away from Nate.