f o u r t y e i g h t

The drive back to Gerard's apartment was mostly uneventful, and honestly, Gerard was glad. He was still taking in all of what had happened. He had become Frank's boyfriend, and then less than thirty minutes later, they had kissed for the first time. In a public bathroom. It almost made Gerard mad, how attracted to someone did you need to be to kiss them for the first time in a bathroom?

It was a nice drive though, the quiet was more peaceful than awkward, and eventually the two just ended up singing Christmas songs together along with the radio.

Gerard did notice though, how Frank would take his hand every little while, only letting go to drive, or to get something, or change the radio. Sometimes he would lace their fingers together, and sometimes he wouldn't. Sometimes, Frank would put his hand on Gerard's thigh, and just keep it there. And while it made Gerard blush, it also made him, just, really comfortable. He felt really safe with Frank.

When they went to go get the tree, Gerard had finally come to terms with the fact that he was now Frank's boyfriend. And he felt great. He wasn't tired, he was completely filled with energy. He felt like he could run a marathon, but only not really, because he wasn't nearly in good enough shape to do that. But he did feel amazing, and he hoped Frank did too.

Gerard found himself actually running through isles of trees, feeling so content with himself and everything that was happening. Frank was actually being more serious about the whole thing at this point, actually concentrating on the trees and trying to find a nice one. Gerard was just running and giggling honestly making Frank worried, but also extremely happy, because Gerard was happy, and Gerard was excited and giggly and hyper.

Gerard crashed into Frank in this somehow, thrown together but perfect hug. It was wonderful, and only lasted for a few seconds, but it felt like a lifetime. Frank's jacket was cold against Gerard's cheek and Frank could feel how wet Gerard's coat had gotten from when he fell in a snow pile only minutes earlier. This was perfect; this was how it's supposed to be.

Gerard had never felt more content with anything, more sure about anything. He had been Frank's boyfriend for only a few hours and he already was realizing that agreeing to go out with him may have been the best decision he's ever made.

Frank made things seem so special. Little, insignificant things seemed so much more important when Frank had something to do with them. Gerard felt so special with Frank, he felt happy, and free, and alive. He didn't realize that someone else could make you feel like this, but now that he knew, he was overjoyed. Frank made him feel like no one else did.

•••

Gee: Brendon !!

theforehead™: yes what is it

theforehead™: r u having fun with Frank ????

Gee: oh my god YES

theforehead™: aw good !!!

Gee: Bren you don't understand he makes me feel all special and important and I feel really smiley and giggly when I'm around him and he makes me want to run and jump and I just want to always kiss him AND I'VE ONLY KISSED HIM ONCE bren you don't understand it's amazing I feel amazing

theforehead™: oh I understand

theforehead™: I'm really glad you feel like that

theforehead™: that's how it's supposed to feel

Gee: how what's supposed to feel?

theforehead™: have you ever thought that maybe you might be in love with Frank?

And maybe, just maybe, Gerard was head over heels in love with Frank Iero. Because it sure is hell felt like he was.

this is p short it's kinda just a cute little thing of what Gerard's thinking through their last events of the night before they decorate their tree. I'm proud of this bc it's descriptive and I'm not so good with that kinda stuff. I also put a conversation with Gee and Bren bc we haven't had any texting for a little while.

I'm thinking of starting on a one shot soon about Halloween/Frank's bday and I was wondering if you guys would like to read it. I have a few ideas some are from last year when I attempted to write a Halloween fic but didn't finish qnd some are new ideas. just was wondering if anyone would be interested.

hope this double update makes up for the really long absence. thank u for sticking with the fic :)