"Before we begin today's challenge," Herobrine said. "Congratulations! You all made it to the merge!"

The mobs cheered.

"There are no more teams. It is every man for himself, but you can have alliances. Whoever wins each challenge will get first class all to themselves. The losers will all be stuck in coach together," Herobrine explained.

"Great. Now we have to worry about the psycho bunny," Jamey murmured to Jesse.

"Now for today's challenge. We are on a plateau. Once we start, the blocks of the plateau will start to fall. Your job is to not fall. The last mob standing wins immunity and first class. Then you will all vote on who goes home," Herobrine explained. "Any questions?"

"Can we push each other?" Jack asked.

"Yep," Herobrine nodded. "But no weapons. Any other questions?"

"Do these biomes even exist?" Wooly asked.

"Technically yes. Flat plains of stone, called plateaus, exist. They don't usually float in the sky, though. This is just up here for the challenge," Herobrine explained.

"Oh," Wooly replied.

"Now, you might want to spread out a little." Herobrine disappeared.

The nine mobs spread out.

Wooly took a deep breath to steady himself. This was the first time he would be doing a challenge without his mother.

"The blocks will start to fall in 3...2....1...go!" Herobrine announced.

~~~

Jack's Confessional

"Well, I made it to the merge without being voted off. Now I can get people to vote Moolissa off with me. But who should I get...?"

~~~

The first block fell, in the center of the plateau. Ory was near it, but she nimbly hopped away.

The blocks fell slowly at first. They were easy to avoid.

"This is too easy!" Jesse exclaimed.

"Don't get cocky," Jamey replied.

Jack walked casually around the plateau, easily avoiding all holes.

Cocoa and Moolissa stood together.

"Do you think it would be better to stand still or to keep moving?" Cocoa asked. "The probability that the blocks under us will fall is low. I think."

Moolissa shrugged. "I'm not good at math."

"I think we should keep moving," Cocoa said. "Just to be safe."

Moolissa nodded.

Porky and Mooshie were sprinting laps around the plateau. So far, neither of them had fallen in any holes.

Ory growled at them as they ran past her. She was hopping along slowly, twitching occasionally.

Wooly was carefully walking across the plateau. He wasn't sure what the best way to approach this challenge was, and he didn't have his mother to tell him what to do. He had to figure things out on his own.

***

"Listen up, everyone!" Jesse announced to the other seven mobs on the plateau. They looked in his direction.

"We are the superiors here," Jamey said to them. "Since you all come from different teams, you did not know we are in charge. So we are telling you now. We are in charge!"