Chapter 4: Big News

Serena woke up with a piercing headache around 9ish that night. She rolled over to look at Ash who was messing around on his laptop.

"Hey Serena. I got you some water and ibuprofen over there." He pointed at the nightstand.

"Thank you." Serena weakly reached over for both. She took the medicine and chugged the bottle of water. "I'm sorry I was such a mess earlier. Are you mad at me?"

"I'm not mad at you." Ash took her hand. "I am worried about you, but I'm not mad at you."

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to make you worry like that. I just wanted to forget about everything for a day, you know?" Serena looked up at him.

"I know. Just promise me you won't get like that again, okay? You were like barely conscious. It really scared me. I was worried you had like alcohol poisoning or something." Ash pulled her in close to him.

"I promise I won't. I'll be more careful from now on." Serena was sincere.

"But there is something you should know, but you can't tell Shauna I told you." Ash made her promise not to tell.

"Oh my gosh, what is it?" Serena shot up from lying down.

"Shauna lost her job Wednesday. I guess her performance numbers weren't good, so they let her go." Ash said.

"Oh my God." Serena clasped her hands over her face. "I'm over here bitching about my problems and my best friend is in trouble?! She never told me."

"I know, she was going to tell you but she just knew you had a lot going on. But Tierno had a favor to ask of you. I think Shauna is planning on telling you like probably this weekend, when she does tell you, he wondered if you wouldn't mind suggesting that she helps you out at the business for a while. He's really worried about her." Ash really hoped Serena would agree to this.

"I would have suggested that even if you didn't ask me. Shauna is so much help. I can't believe they did that to her. They are so stupid to fire her." Serena was livid.

"I know." Ash felt terribly for Shauna.

"I'm such a selfish bitch." Serena became noticeably upset. "I'm over here just going on and on about my problems, meanwhile, Shauna is having real issues and can't even talk to me about them because I'm so worried about my own life."

Ash scolded her for thinking so badly of herself, "Don't say that. You are one of the most kind and generous people that I know. It was Shauna's choice not to tell you." 

"I know. I still feel so bad. I've just had a lot on my mind." Serena looked off into the distance.

"We know that, babe. Nobody is faulting you. You're an amazing woman. My amazing woman." Ash pulled her back towards him and kissed her. Serena kissed him passionately back. "You know, I never thanked you properly for taking such good care of me earlier, Ash Ketchum." She said in a sultry voice.

"Serena, you are the most selfless woman I know." Ash continued to kiss her. Serena then pulled away, removed his boxers, and positioned herself on top of Ash. She threw Ash's shirt that she was wearing off into the corner.

"Well this is different." Ash commented.

"I wanted to switch things up on you." She lightly scratched his chest with her acrylic nails.

"Well I'm not gonna lie, the view from this angle ain't bad." Ash laughed. The young couple made love into the night.

********************************************************************************************