Chapter Two: The Call

"Ash, your lunch is ready! You're running late!" Serena looked over at the clock. It was already ten till nine.

"I know, luckily, my boss can't exactly get rid of me. He needs me!" Ash laughed and he grabbed his lunch off of the black and gold marble counter.

"I love you and I packed two strawberry Pokepuffs in there, one for you, one for Pikachu." Serena giggled. She was flattered that Ash enjoyed her Pokepuffs even though they were technically supposed to be Pokemon food.

"I love you, too." Ash said as he kissed her quickly and left for work.

After Ash rushed out and shut the door, Serena turned to her Pokemon and said, "Alright, ladies, let's get cracking too!"

Serena handed Sylveon a bowl and spoon which she instructed her to mix with using her ribbon-like feelers as Serena poured the ingredients. After Serena and Sylveon mixed the ingredients, Pancham formed the Pokepuffs into balls, while Braixen finished them off by heating them in the oven. This was a typical morning for them although for some reason, this morning Serena felt a little faint and lightheaded. "It was probably the hangover" she thought to herself.

Suddenly Serena heard her phone go off. She grabbed it and answered.

"Hey bitch, what are you doing?"

"Hey Shauna. I'm working, what are you doing?" Serena loved her best friend, but she had horrible timing sometimes.

"I don't have to work until 2 so I'm totally bored. Can I come over?" Shauna asked hoping Serena would say yes.

Serena sighed, "Yea girl of course if you're willing to help decorate Pokepuffs."

"Hell yea!" Shauna exclaimed. "I'll bring Ivysaur. She loves to help with that."

"Awesome! See you soon!" Serena could always use the help.

Within five minutes or so, Shauna was banging on the door. She and Tierno only lived a block over from Serena and Ash.

"Hey girl. You got here just in time, Braixen just pulled some Pokepuffs out of the oven." Serena was excited Shauna came over.

"I'm glad I'm here, I'm so effing hungover from last night. It was fun and I don't want to suffer alone." Shauna and Serena both smiled thinking about how much fun they had last night.

"I know, I had a blast. Wish I coulda slept in, too but these orders aren't going to fill themselves!" Serena exclaimed.

"Alright, let's do it!" Shauna and Ivysaur got started decorating Pokepuffs and Serena continued to mix ingredients.

"Okay, eggs, nutmeg, and----" Serena was interrupted by her phone ringing.

"This damn thing!" She exclaimed. She saw it was an unknown number and clicked the call off. "I don't know who it was."

The person then tried back again. "You better see what they want Sere." Shauna said placing icing flowers on the side of a Pokepuff.

"Hello?" Serena answered the phone, very annoyed.

"Is this Serena Yvonne?" the person on the other line responded. It was a woman with a somewhat deep voice.

"Yes ma'am. This is she." Serena said.

"My name is Beverly Jansen from Vaniville Hospital. Ms. Yvonne are you close to the hospital?" Beverly's tone was very serious.

Serena put down the mixing spoon and stepped away from the counter. "No, Ms. Jansen, I'm not, I actually live in Lumiose City with my fiancé. Is everything alright?"