Chapter One: Tragedy

Începe de la început

I nodded, "I won't be late. Thank you again."

I scurried off into the woods, with the garments in hand. I stripped myself of my wet ones and put the new set on behind a large redwood tree.

I wonder what the Alpha Jason's announcement was. If he was calling the entire pack it must be really important.

* * * * * * *

It took me a minute to reach the pack house which was crowded with the remaining werewolves who survived the war.

It used to be much fuller...

I could feel the grim atmosphere around me. Everyone was distraught over the loss of their loved ones. It wasn't the bustling pack I once knew, we were broken.

Grabbing a plate, I filled it with a few pieces of bacon and a small stack of pancakes. I sat down in the furthest corner, away from everyone. I just wanted to be by myself right now. I'm sure the pack would understand that, considering the circumstances.

Looking around me I saw the familiar faces of the people I grew up with:

Beta Andrew, who survived the war and his mate Jenna. They lost their son in the hands of the Blood Moon pack.

Elder Richard and Rayna. The two oldest members of the pack, also looked weary. They thought the individuals who died would have at least outlived them

And lastly, Alpha Jason, who now stood in the front, Demanding our attention.

"As you all know, our beloved pack has won a gruesome war with he Blood Moon Pack. However, we have suffered so much loss because of it. We lost some of our most valued members. Embry Grant, Alesso Rodriguez, John Grey, and Joseph Rivers are just some of the few who have fought valiantly in honour of our pack."

My heart fell at the name of my father, Joseph Rivers. I held back a tear, trying to be strong like he said.

The Alpha continued, "Our pack has been known to be the most honorable and respectable pack in the world. But a Pack is not a Pack without it's people. Our pack is not as strong as it once was. We are the just remnants of our fallen tribe. Therefore, I must resign as Alpha."

A chorus of gasps were scattered across the room, including mine. The whole pack was now in a frenzy of whispering and outrage. "What!" "Who will be our leader?" "How are we going to survive?" "This is outrageous!"

"Silence!" The authoritative voice of the alpha rang out.

No one said a word.

He sighed, "I'm not finished. One of our oldest Allies, the Night Howler Pack has agreed to take us in. That is, if you want to join their pack. However, you are free to transfer to a pack of a family member if you please."

A dead silence filled the room. The Night Howler pack, was home to one of the most mysterious Alphas in the world: Alpha Roman. No one really knew anything about him except the fact that he's over two-hundred years old and was known to be a ruthless leader. The name alone caused a shiver down my spine. Alpha Roman, I wondered what he was really like...

"All I have to say now is, have a safe trip, whichever path you decide to take. Those who decide to leave with me to the Night Howler's territory, we leave tomorrow at dawn" Alpha Jason concluded stepping down from the platform.

This caused many members to scurry out the door, hurrying to pack their belongings. I stayed in my seat. What am I going to do? I had no other family. But the Night Howler Pack? Do I really want to sentence myself to be ruled over by a ruthless leader?

I felt a shadow cast over me, luring me out of my thoughts. It was the Alpha himself. "Alpha Jason," I gasped bowing my head in respect.

He laughed, "There is no need to bow to me anymore Aria. I'm not your Alpha anymore. Just call me Jason," He sat next to me on the bench.

I lift my head up, "Sorry. I forgot," I muttered. We sat for a few moments in silence.

"Condolences are in order for your father and brother. They were great men..." He said, not looking at me. I nodded, not saying a word.

"I know how hard it must be. Not having anyone left, I mean. After my mate died, I didn't know what to do, I felt like I didn't have anyone. I felt stuck," he sighed. Why was he telling me this all of a sudden? He looked at me, "what I'm trying to say is, that if you ever feel like you don't have anyone left. Just remember that Ella and I are always here if you need anything." He patted my back, reassuringly.

I smiled, "Thanks Alpha- I mean Jason. I'll keep that in mind."

He sent me one last smile and headed out.

I sighed. I guess there's only one choice for me to make. Will I regret me decision? Maybe. But what else am I supposed to do? I have nothing left. It's settled then. I will go to the Night Howler Pack.

YAY! I finished the very first chapter of this book. Hey guys! C'est Moi, the author of this book. I have a very interesting plot line to this book which I know you werewolf lovers and going to LOVE.

Werewolf stories are by far my favorite stories in Wattpad. However, the plot can get a little repetitive if you ask me. So I'm trying to stray from the norm on this one.

If you guys have any suggestions at all please do not hesitate to comment. Also, please subscribe to get updates on when I upload these new chapters. Voting is really appreciated as well because it lets me know that you guys are enjoying the story as much as I enjoy writing it!

Ps: Also, I'm thinking of adding a strong female character in this story as well. What do you guys think? And what should I name her?

Another thing! I am looking for a really cool cover for this book. If you have one and would like to submit it please message me and I will get back to you as soon as possible!

Thank you all for reading❤️❤️❤️