Chapter Twenty Two; Betrayed Friend

Once my fatigued body had arrived back to the inn I took notice of a different presence, this to be an old familiar one from my days back as a subclass, I slipped my retractable knife out from my pocket and switched the sharp blade out ready to puncture any being who dared to not be allowed here.

As I gradually made way into the living room my ears picked up on the lively chattering of everyone, everyone seemed to be safe so I unwillingly placed the blade back into its hidden compartment and shoved it back into the pocket I yanked it out of.

My feet trailed across the floor towards the group of Servamps and Eves just for my eyes to lay upon the correct feeling of a subclasses's presence, "Lila?" I questioned out nervously almost having a slight stutter to my voice, no matter how long it may have been since last seeing my big vampire family I could never forget a name or face.

"We managed to kidnap a subclass, we'll be keeping our eyes on the both of you." Misono stated in his usual peeved off voice, I felt my hand clenching against the retractable knife in my pocket trying to push away the temptation of yanking it out to the best of my abilities but currently I wanted to stab the boy right in the heart, I'm an eve now why would I betray my ser-

Betray... I was the betrayer, everyone must've noticed my firm grip against the weapon hidden in my pocket as I felt the nerves in the atmosphere go up before I released my grip, nodding my head towards Misono as to say I have no objections.

"Misono, don't you think if we have Lila Tsubaki will come to us to save him?" my eyebrows found themselves furrowing at such a question from the simple boy, he must have a sharp eye for small details as it is true even for a subclass that is not as important to the war Tsubaki is trying to create he will come to rescue him, he may be considered the bad guy but he cares for his subclass.

I found my staring into my open palm before clenching, my nails digging slightly into the skin without notice as I was deep in thought before I heard Mahiru call out my name, "Aliena, do you believe he will come?" I released the sharp pain my nails were giving me to look up at him as I nodded my head.

"Lila isn't one of his fighting subclasses but he will come to save any subclass no matter how small." gradually I felt my feet sliding themselves over towards the group as I took a seat beside the young Tsubaki subclass's hunched over and almost balled up figure.

"Tsubaki has six main fighters, well five now as I am gone. Mahiru has met Sham, Otogiri was with us during the Sakuya incident, we've also met Belkia, and then Sakuya..." I grew silent without another word uttered as I spoke his name, Mahiru grew to be the same as his eyes trained on the floor searching between each crevasse for nothing in particular.

Misono looked at me as though he wanted me to continue knowing I hadn't yet said the last being but it was as if for once he understood it was something to be left unsaid after mentioning the green haired boy, it also just hurt in general to call all my family members names after such a long time.

A little squeal of a pig could be heard from the kitchen, as it appeared from around a chair there was a piece of food hanging off his lips making me roll my eyes at his disgusting behavior.

"I must head off now, Gluttony wants his bed set up." as I began to get up my eyes caught glance of the look across Misono's face, one of anger yet curiosity making me send a curious glare his way and once our eyes connected his mouth opened.

"What's your Servamp's name?" I gave no response, continuing to walk off and scooping the small pig right into my arms as we headed to bed, there was no point in learning his name I've always called him gluttony anyway.

I guess I've never called him his actual name for that would confirm he is my Servamp, that I am his eve with powers and a tad stronger than a human, I'd rather not rely on such powers to prove my strength even someone as strong as licht, he relies on his powers as an eve although he doesn't seem aware of it.

As I left into my room I heard the door to the outside world being opened and closed, a confused Mahiru chasing after the being yelling out a name "Kuro", I heaved out a sigh understanding that even after all these months he still seems to run away from whatever problems he must have, so far they seemed to include C3 and his younger brother as well.

A little squeak came from the pink bundle in my arms once more as I balled up a bunch of blankets that were meant to be me for me but now would serve as a small bed for the annoyingly hungry pig.

I set him down to the floor as he immediately waddled over to the center of the blankets, laying down there without another sound while I went to lay back in my blanket-less bed that was laid down on the other side of Mahiru's and slowly felt myself drift into a nightmare filled land.

****

I heard mutters from outside, making me grow curious of who would be awake at this time and to if they were talking about me, as I my bare feet quietly padded against the wood flooring I noticed it to be Mahiru and Lila taking a snack break out at a time like this.

They must've heard me come but just before that I caught some of Lila's fearful words "..be careful of Higan-San." my lungs took in a deep breath of the sweet oxygen around us as I made my way over to them, taking a seat on the other side of Lila.

"Higan is the second strongest of all the  subclasses Mahiru, I'm sorry I forgot to mention but I've rarely seen him." the hesitant took a hesitant side turn of his head to face me, that same feared look on his face now seemed to worsen if that was event possible.

"Mitsu, he surpasses your strength far more now.." I felt my clench around the other balled up fist as I gulped down the itch in my throat making me want to cough up everything, he surpasses my strength?

When I had last seen him I was stronger than him, easily beating him in a battle even if I was going easy on him, sure it might've been from the special treatment I received from Tsubaki but Higan has grown far superior than me?

Mahiru stood up with an astonished look in his eyes as he seemed to walk away almost like someone who was slowly growing paralyzed by the minute leaving me behind with the frail subclass.

"Lila I-" his small hesitant voice grew stronger as he interrupted me but still remained a mumble of sorts.

"You abandon me.." my body shuddered at the thought of seeing everybody I knew and loved around me placed  in to a blood and gore horror movie scene, there was only a few seconds I remained there after the incident and in those incidents I managed to find Lila and comfort him but once the voice of lawless rung through my head I bolted.

"You betrayed all of us.." he's last mumble becoming stronger and more firm than anything else he has said since I arrived.

A sigh of despair left my lips knowing it'd be impossible to explain my such rude-like actions towards him and my used to be family who supported me through thick and thin.

My head found itself swiveling from side to side hoping for the memory to dissolve before I stood to my feet in an instant and in a fast pace walked to my room that I found to share with Mahiru not being able to handle the silence any longer.