Chapter Sixteen; The Eve to Greed

After that whole C3 ordeal Tsubaki suggested I'd stay nearby him more often, not giving out any information of his actual home base when we did meet it would be at a movie theatre or some restaurant, apparently it was his way of checking up on me and for the time being keeping me safe since 'Mahiru is not fit for the job of my protector' but it's not like I'm just some useless girl who has no combat skills whatsoever.

All of the Eves and Servamp that have teamed up with us, or should I say mainly just Kuro and Mahiru since the cowlick boy can't trust me just yet but Sendagaya is actually pretty alright with me he even has the guts to call me big sis Mitsu, which is strange coming from a kid who looks like he's a college student. Anyway, besides the point of everyone's opinions on me, they all decided to stay at Sendagaya's inn, or whatever business he promotes with his coffin.

The past few days have been pretty relaxed, despite me constantly meeting up with the leader of the opposing 'army' I should say. There hasn't been much drama or fighting going on, we're trying to collect more information on the last few Servamps that we still haven't come into contact with but that's really it.

It's strange to be technically on Mahiru's side but at the same time I'm Tsubaki's subclass and I meet with him regularly, the brown haired boy claimed he didn't mind and that it would just be more simple this way if I could still remain in some sort of contact with him but cow-lick on the other hand is growing suspicious of me and constantly tells me to get some information out of Tsubaki, which isn't going to happen.

I like to think I share a slight similar aspect with Tsubaki, of how a betrayal will work but he of course thinks slightly off of my idea. He would never betray anyone no matter the circumstance however if you give me reason I will, that might just be why I'm called the betrayer but it's out of good reasoning.

Enough of the babbling on, I had completely forgotten the time during my little daydream of going over all the recent events, my hand reached for the backpack strap sat across the back of my chair as I stood up, pulling it over my shoulders.

"It was nice talking to you today Tsubaki, but there's a lot of things I need to do today." a small smile was etched on to my face in his direction as I spoke, his usually shtick came up of laughing then saying how it was not interesting at all, he must've know the things I had to today involved the war against him in some manner.

As my feet began to bolt out the door without even awaiting a proper goodbye from him the man shouted out something towards me, "my subclasses and I are going to a concert tonight and I wouldn't mind if you would join my dear Mitsu~" I chuckled slightly hearing that nickname once more before giving him a slight wave before finally departing from the building.

I shook my head recalling the actions of the strange man I call my vampire father, assuming he just wanted to spend time with his family at a nice concert? If he meant all the subclasses he must have the concert completely booked.

Being too lazy and antisocial to take a bus or walk I decided to fly up into the sky, zooming past many poles and electrical wires towards wherever this inn was located again until my eyes landed on a familiar brown haired boy with his lanky Servamp.

I slowly glided down towards the two, gently placing my feet on the ground right beside Mahiru as I heard him yell out some words towards his Servamp "see now it's three!" the boy crossed his arms over his chest in a cocky manner making my eyebrows furrow at him in a state of confusion, what did I just bring myself into?

"Mitsu?" his cocky attitude immediately vanished and was replaced with an overwhelming fear, just the fear radiating off of him gave me goosebumps.

"What is it Mahiru?" my hands instantly took a tight hold of my backpack straps afraid of the question he might possibly ask me, what if Arisuin got into his head and now even my own sort of brother doubts me?

Maybe he finally realizes you're useless and you can't help him in any situation, you can't even protect his Servamp.

"Did you want to become a subclass?" my eyes went wide hearing those heart striking words, never in my life would I have ever expected to hear those words come out of somebody's mouth let alone to be directed at me, had I ever really wanted to become a vampire?

As a child I dreamed of becoming such a fictional character, being able to fly, having an excuse to stay up late, having cool looking fangs with blood red eyes but at sixteen years old, when I was laying there dying all I really wanted was death.

I gulped down the last bit of fear wavering in me before finally answering his question after what felt like hours of pondering, "no, in fact I continued to try and kill myself in my vampire state before I met Sakuya, I felt like I truly had someone to live for." I felt the eyes of the two boys holding pity for me but that wasn't what I wanted from that confession.

Mahiru seemed to shake his head almost to get rid of the horrible mood he just brought upon us, "anyway Kuro! We have Mitsu now, so let's go!" once he spoke his last few words his hand roughly grabbed on to my wrist forcefully dragging me behind him, given no explanation of what plan he was trying to hatch at this current moment that now involved me apparently.

Once we rounded the corner we came face to face with a boy, well actually I wasn't able to see where Mahiru was running so when he stopped I continued and ran right into the boy's chest but he still remained to stay in his position as I fell back harshly on the end of my spine, this was the worst kind of pain to surge through my body and I've been through a lot.

"What are you two? Angels or demons?" his face was too close to Mahiru's probably for his own liking but once I had stood up he had done the same to me, my face felt like a heater as I stared into his piercing blue eyes.

"None of the above?" I questioned out in a very cracky voice, not understanding what kind of answer he expected out of us. Let's just say every time a cute boys face comes too close to mine I become a nervous wreck and that wasn't helping since it seemed he might be our enemy somehow.

The boy with piercing blue eyes stepped back and lightly stomped his foot on the ground as a grand piano appeared before him, this must be his power so he has to be a new Tsubaki recruit I don't know about, right? That would explain why he randomly wanted me to join him at a concert with the other subclasses, did he try picking me up a new subclass friend again?

The tall boy began to play his magical piano in a very beautiful way, no I don't mean he's beautiful-
I mean he is don't get me wrong
But like-
I mean
The music
It's beautiful,
Okay?

As he continued playing I felt as though a thousand pound bag of bricks had dropped on to my shoulders, my body crouching down to the floor not being able to bare the weight noticing the same thing must be happening to Kuro as well.

"So you two are the demons!" The piano boy screamed at us before the piano and even himself disappeared just to appear right in front of us, his foot was brought up close to my face before I felt my body launched upwards.

"What the hell?! I'm Tsubaki's subclass too!" I yelled in agony as my body went flying into the side of a building, Kuro now joining beside me to create an even more indented hole in the building, my head felt like thousands of hammers slamming into it.

Remember how I said that falling on to my butt was probably the worst pain ever? I take that back, this boy kicking me and sending me flying into a wall will probably be the worst pain I'll ever feel in my immortal life.

I heard faint shouts coming from Mahiru as the boy flew up towards again, now doing spirals each time just to come back and kick both Kuro and I in our abdomen sending us flying even higher in the air, Mahiru's worries for our safety now too far away to hear until finally we reached the roof, our bodies slid across it, the pain now feeling unbearable but that's not right.

I've fought with Higan before and my wounds never took this long to heal, a Tsubaki subclass could never do such damage on me and that's when my eyes landed on the stupid black and white animal in the cage.

Lawless of Greed or better yet known to me as Ozzy, Oka's former pet.