31) insane

Taylor's pov

My eyes opened slowly and I looked around. I was in the hospital and there was a bandage wrapped around my head. Suddenly the memories of what had happened before I lost consciousness flooded my mind. Karlie walked into the room and jumped slightly at noticing I was awake. She quickly ran to get a doctor.

"Ah, finally awake." The doctor said with a smile. "I suppose you want to see your daughter, she's-"

"I know." I said. I didn't appreciate the way she brought it up like that right after I woke up. The doctor whispered something to Karlie and she smiled and walked out of the room.

"No you don't know actually, you see, Summer was.. Well dead. But something happened a few minutes after we stopped trying to restart her heart. It restarted itself." I sat there trying to wrap my head around what she had just said.

"S-so she's alive?" I asked.

"Well I sure think so." Summer said from the door. She ran over to the bed and gave me a hug. I wrapped my arms around her thin body and cried. She moved a little to get into a more comfortable position. I held her close to my chest. "Why are you crying?" She whispered. I laughed and wiped my tears.

"I am happy baby. I thought I would never see you again and I'm just really happy you're here." I whispered.

"I missed you." She said. "Can we go home now?" I looked at the doctor and then at Karlie.

"Remember what the doctor said?" Karlie asked.

"Four more days." She mumbled. "Can I sleep in here tonight?" She asked. The doctor shook her head.

"We still have to monitor your breathing, but Taylor can sleep in your room." Summer smiled and nodded vigorously. She guided me to her room and insisted on creating a bed for me out of two chairs, pillows and blankets. Karlie say goodbye and left shortly after.

"Good night mommy!" She said. I smiled at her. I can't live without this little girl.

"Good night baby girl."

"Mommy?"

"Yeah?"

"Do You still love me?" I was surprised. Why did she think I didn't love her?

"Of course I do. Why would you think that?"

"Because, before I went to sleep and we had to go to the hospital, you yelled at me and you didn't say good night." She said. I could tell that she was crying.

"Just because I yelled at you doesn't mean I don't love you."

"So you do?"

"Summer, I'll love you no matter what." She giggled.

"Even if-"

"No we're not playing the what if game. Go to sleep."

"But I said 'even if'. that's different."  While I enjoyed having her here right now, this has already happened like three times and it's starting to get old.

"Baby, please just go to sleep." I didn't hear anything and figured she was falling asleep. I closed my eyes and got comfortable.

"I can't, I'm really really awake!" She said. "I was bored and thirsty so I was going to ask for some water but Karlie left her coffee in here and I wanted to know what it tasted like so I drank all of it and then I couldn't go to sleep so I waited all night until you woke up and now the lack of sleep and the caffeine is making me kinda loopy." She took a deep breath and started laughing hysterically. "I don't know why I'm laughing!" She said in between laughter. She snorted which only made her laugh harder. "That sounded like a pig!"I started laughing a little bit too. "Caffeine is technically a drug right? Does that mean I'm high?" She had stopped laughing by now and she seemed pretty serious.

"Does it?" I was actually thinking about it. And if it was, why isn't there an age requirement to drink coffee? I sighed. "What is wrong with you?" She thought about it and after a while she smiled at me.

"There's nothing wrong with
being absolutely insane."
-------------------------

It feels like I haven't been here in forever. (Might be because I haven't) but I'm sorry, I will try to have an update schedule when I have time to write but for now I'm going to try to update at least every other month. Jk, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter!