5) Freinds & theater

Summers pov
I woke up on the couch, I don't remember falling asleep here. But then I remembered what day it is, theater day! "Tay Tay! Wake up, it's theater day!" I said shaking her. She sat up

"What? What's wrong?"

"It's theater day!" I yelled jumping up and down. She looks at her phone and mumbles something.

"Oh I completely forgot to set an alarm. We gotta hurry."she said standing up I ran upstairs and threw on the black tee shirt that said 'Edmonds school of performing arts.'In purple writing and some black leggings and white converse. I ran back downstairs and put my coat on.

"I'm ready" I sang. Tay Tay put my hair in a bun and put a butterfly bow on the left side of it.Then We Got into the car and drove off to my first day of acting class, but first we went to Starbucks. I got hot chocolate and a pastry. Tay Tay just got coffee

"Tay Tay, why do you drink coffee?"

"Um... I don't know, I guess the same reason you like hot chocolate."

"And candy?"

"Yes"

"And kitties?"

"Not exactly."

"How about pizza?"

"That too" I was going to ask something else but I ran out of ideas. Once we got to the theater ms.candice greeted us at the door and told me to go sit with the other kids while she talks to my mommy, it's that word again. But I obeyed and sat on the bench next to a girl with a purple sparkly bow in her hair.

"Hi" she said

"Hello" I replied

"What's your name?" The girl in the Purple bow asked.

"Summer."

"Our names start with the same letter! My names Sahara." Just then ms.candice came and told us to line up so we could walk to class. We stood up and followed ms.candice to a big room with chairs stacked up in one corner and cubbies that were for our shoes. She told us to sit down and stretch. I sat next to Sahara and a boy I didn't know.
***************
Taylor's pov
I sat next to some of the other parents in front of a two way mirror. I watch summer stretch and warm up. A woman sat down next to me "hi, I'm Stephanie teddy's mom" she said shaking my hand

"Taylor, summers mom" I replied shaking her hand back.

"So where's yours?" She asked. I looked around for a second before finding summer and pointing at her.

"Oh she's adorable, teddy is the little boy right next to her." He had shaggy red hair and freckles. I smiled at the fact that summer was talking to him and another girl, she looked happy. And that makes me happy.
         *******************
Summers pov

It's snack time now, that means Tay Tay has to leave. I don't want her to go.

"I have to go now but I'll be back in an hour." She said kissing my cheek.

"Please don't go!" I cried. She shhd me and gave me one last hug before walking out of the snack room. I just sat there and cried. My new friends teddy and Sahara walked over and sat down across from me.

"What's wrong summer?" Teddy asked.

"She left me,she told me she wouldn't but she did!"

"You mean your mom? She'll come back, they love us too much to leave us." There it is again. I stopped crying to ask a question I'd had on my mind.

"what's a mommy?" I ask. They look surprised

"You don't know what a mommy is?!" Sahara asked jumping up. I shook my head "a mommy is someone who loves you and cares about you. Don't you have a mommy?" I thought about it for a minute then I realized. Tay Tay is my mommy.

"I think I do" I replied. We returned to the table and continue to eat our carrot sticks. After snack ms. Candice announced that next Month we will have auditions for the play were doing called Annie, I of course wanted to ask Tay Tay. But not before asking her something else. Once she picked me up and we are at home I decided to just go and ask her.

Taylor's pov

"Can I give you a new nickname? Tay Tay was nice but I like this one more" summer asked when we got home.

"Sure baby, what is it?" She looked down at the floor and went silent.

"Mommy." She whispered not looking up. I covered my mouth trying not to cry.

"Of course you can" I managed to say as a tear rolls down my face. She looks an me and I realize she's crying too. I hugged her and for what felt like hours we just sat on the couch and cuddled. After a while we fell asleep.
       *******************

Thanks for reading! :)