24) Thank you's & car chats

Taylor's pov

Sofia had told me everything. Why she had to give up Summer, how hard it was for her to juggle school and caring for a baby alone at such a young age. And I completely understood. She wasn't a bad person for leaving her baby at the doorstep of an orphanage, she did what was right. "Taylor, I just want to thank you so much for taking such great care of her. You're an amazing mom, a much better one than I could ever be. I can't split you two up and I don't want to so, before she wakes up again and gets too attached, I think I should go." I looked down at Summer, who had fallen asleep in my arms at some point while Sofia and I were talking. She whispered goodbye into her ear and just like that she was gone. I carried Summer out to the car and put her in her car seat. What Sofia said had made me realize that I was really doing the best thing for Summer and that was loving her. I looked back and realized that she was awake and staring out the window.

"You ok buddy?" She nodded.

"Just thinking."

"About?"

"Sofia, did she just leave?" She asked "I mean, she said I might see her again, why would she just up and leave?"

"I'm sorry sweetie, she just couldn't stay and look after you." I was a little hurt that she didn't seem happy with me now that she's met her birth mother.

"I just.. I expected more. I don't know what but, I thought she would at least say something to me before she left."

"Are you alright?"

Yeah, yeah. I can't expect everything to go right. On a totally unrelated note, can Adam come over tomorrow." I hadn't told her but, Adam and I had been having some problems in our relationship. I keep making plans for just the two of us to go out but he keeps blowing me off. He's been acting really weird lately.

"Um, I'll see but I don't think so. He's probably busy."

"There's something going on, you're worried." Summer said, surprising me with how accurate that was.

"How'd you know?"

"I'm not good at feeling emotions all the time but I can see them in people." She said. "It's like my super power." I smiled.

"You know, you are pretty amazing. I'm proud of what you did today. If you hadn't thought about it when that man tried to take you somewhere, something awful could've happened but you used what I had taught you."

"Are you mad at me—for running off?" She asked.

"No, but seriously, you need to stop wandering off, it's getting out of hand."

"In my defense, that butterfly was awesome looking." I laughed. She looked back out of the window. "This is probably gonna sound strange, but, you're cool and all but I don't have any friends that are kids. Could I maybe have a brother or sister?" I had thought about adopting again a few weeks ago but had settled on having one of my own or adopting again when I'm in a relationship that I knew would last, Adam and I.. I just don't know anymore.

"Maybe sweets, we'll just have to wait and see."

"You don't have to lie to me, besides, you don't have to be a genius to see that whatever's going on between you two needs to be worked out." She said.

"Ooh, looks like you're a little love expert."

"I know my stuff. It's one of my many, many talents." I laughed.

"Well I'll remember that when I need help." I was enjoying the little car chat we were having but it would have to end because I was pulling into our driveway. "Oh, speaking of talents, the director of the play just called, after telling me how talented of a young actress you are, he recommended a talent agency that puts kids in commercials, tv shows and sometimes even movies—" she got really excited.

"What'd you say?!"

"Well if you would let me finish, I said that I thought you would love to so I booked you an audition for next Saturday." She smiled.

"I don't think I'll make it through the first audition, there are probably people much better than me."

"Baby, you've gotta believe in yourself, everyone you've met has told you the same thing, you are extraordinary."

"You really think so?"

"I know it." She climbed up into the front seat and rested your elbow on the center console.

"You know what mommy? You're  pretty extraordinary yourself."
-------------------
Ok I know I didn't update last night like I said I would but I completely forgot and started writing this right away. Thanks for reading!