15) Lost in the airport

Summers Pov

I woke up and felt something cold and wet on my face. I turn my head and blue licked me right across the face.

"Ugh, blue!" I yell. I walked into my bathroom and turned the light on.

"Ew ew ew ew ew ew..." I said as I wiped the doggie drool off my face. I splash some water on my face and wipe it with a towel. I looked down to see blue looking up at me. I looked at him sternly for a few seconds and then rolled my eyes. I bent down to pet him.

"Crazy puppy." I mumble before standing up and making my way to mommy's room. Adam had spent the night, so he was in there too. Of course blue followed me. Mommy calls him my little shadow because he's always following close behind me.

"Mommy  can we get on the airplane now?" I asked mommy who was still sleeping. I had squeezed my way in between mommy and Adam. Blue tried to climb up onto the bed but eventually gave up. So Instead, he observed from the floor.

"Mommy wake up." I said, gently shaking her. I said it louder than I wanted to and both mommy and Adam sat up.

"Summer, do you know what time it is?!" Mommy asked.

"No. I can't even tell time." I said.

"Well, It's very early." Adam said.

"Oh." I said, looking out the window and realizing it was still dark outside. "Sorry."

"It's ok, you didn't know. But let's go back to sleep." I nodded and laid my head back on the fluffy white pillow. It didn't take long for me to go back to sleep.
------------------
After we woke up and ate breakfast, mommy dressed me in a jumper thing  and told me I looked super cute in it. Then we got our suitcases and Adam put them in the car. He couldn't come because he had too much work to do but he was going to drive us to the airport. "Bye bye blue" I cooed, giving him a quick kiss. I got in my car seat and buckled myself in. I smiled proudly at my accomplishment.

"Oh, Adam?" I said.

"What is it, bud?"

"Don't forget to feed blue."

"I won't."

"Or turn the lights off when you leave a room, or check the closet before you go to bed, or feed yourself, that's important to. Oh and stay hydrated, an—"

"Summer, don't worry, I won't forget to breathe." Adam interrupted. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. I haven't told mommy yet, but I'm a little scared to get on the airplane. I've never been on one before and I don't know what it's going to be like. After we got to the airport and said goodbye to Adam, I put on my frozen backpack and pink suitcase. We did a bunch of boring things so we could check in. While we were waiting at our gate, a lot of screaming girls came and took pictures with mommy. After like forever, we finally got on the plane. Then it started shaking.

"Mommy, the plane is shaking. Is it supposed to do that?!" I asked.

"Calm down, were just taking off." She laughed. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I'll be fine I'll be fine I'll be fine. I thought as we got into the air. I looked out the little window and saw that we were flying.

"We're flying mommy!" I gasped.

"Isn't it amazing?"

"Very." I said. Surprisingly, I was able to fall asleep pretty easily. But I fall asleep everywhere, even when I'm flying.
------------------------
Landing was a lot less scary than take off. After we got off of the plane I was holding mommy's hand. I dropped the stuffed giraffe I had gotten from the zoo and let go to go back and get it. I bent down to pick the giraffe up and when I looked up I realized something.

I'm lost.
-------------------
Oh no! It's a bit of a cliff hanger, but I'll update soon. And seriously, Thanks guys for all of your votes and comments. You guys are awesome!

Almost forgot, I was thinking this could be the new cover, tell me what you think: