"So I was reading up on the options on how you could give birth. I was thinking a Water birth. They said it was easier and less painful." Dumi spoke whilst his hand hand still running across my belly. "I don't know. I was thinking about doing it the natural way." I replied feeling slightly drowsy. I fell asleep all the time now. I could even fall asleep in the shower standing there under the pelt of warm water on my back. " They said it helps with the contractions as well and the stats say it reduces the labour time expected by a third." Dumi went on not paying attention to what I'd said.
This sent my blood boiling.

"Dumisani it's my baby. I said I want to push it out of me myself. You don't get a say in that . Now drop it!" I snapped and the soothing circular motions of his hand on my belly stopped and he retracted his hand from it as if my skin burnt. "Of course. I'm sorry." He whispered in a voice laced with hurt.

I immediately regretted my harsh words. I opened my mouth to speak but he shook his head at me. "Please don't Y/N" he uttered in a voice so broken , so hurt and it was laced with the slightest bit of anger. "Come let me take you home." He said helping me sit up and helping me stand

The drive back to my house was quiet and awkward. I could feel tears of frustration stinging at the back of my eyes but I only let them fall when I curled onto my bed and thoughts of how Dumi wouldn't even look at me as I left the car when he'd normally walk me into the house and only left when I assured him I was fine and all I'd need was in reach.

I lay on that bed for three days bawling my eyes only getting up to eat and relieve myself. I felt like a whale, I was uncomfortable, I was sticky , I was tired and my eyes hurt from how much I'd been crying. I missed Dumisani . I even missed how he'd fret over my every move. I missed how with him around I didn't think about Msizi so much . I missed him holding me , how he'd rub my back when I complained about it aching.

I was interrupted from my pity party by rampant knocking on the door. I slowly and sluggishly got off the bed and walked over to the door. I opened it and was met with a very angry Sabelo. "Why are you not answering any of our calls?" He asked barricading into the house even before I could invite him in. "Hello to you too cousin." I reply dryly making my way back to my room to mope some more. I don't care what this moron does with himself.

Just as I close my bedroom door behind me Sabelo walks in and starts turning the place upside down. Opening the curtains,stripping my bed of the sheets " You missy get in the tub and bathe 'cause you reek!" He says reemerging from the ensuite bathroom with a hand towel drying his hands before draping it on his left shoulder. "Sab..." I don't get to complete my sentence before he interjects. "If you don't get in there right now . I will drag you in there myself and I'll bathe you." That shuts me up and I waddle my way into the bathroom.

I emerge out of my room which is squeaky clean to a house that is equally immaculately cleaned. I follow the smell of something delicious cooking that led me to the kitchen where Sabelo lays the last pancake on a plate. He then drizzles syrup all over the batch before pushing it over the counter to me. I sit down and I dig in. When I'm done he hands over a glass of orange juice which I gulp down and thank him as I sit back feeling my eyes grow heavy but my cousin seems to have other ideas.

"I ran into Dumisani yesterday morning and he looked worse than you did an hour ago and that man worships you so he couldn't have been the reason why you're not talking so what did you do?" He enquires sipping on his tea looking expectantly at me.

I look away from him staring out the window "He was being himself protective and supportive and he told me he'd read up on the different ways I could give birth and I snapped at him saying I could do what I wanted and I didn't want his opinion. Sabelo he looked so hurt. I don't know how to fix it. He hasn't spoken to me ever since." I choke out trying to hold back a sob.