His child calls you mom

Damon

You were in the living room just lounging around when Mason stumbled in the room limping with a busted lip. You quickly shot up off the couch. "Mason what happened?" You questioned with concern. "Uh nothing" he said not meeting your gaze. You rushed out of the room to retrieve the first aid kit from the pantry . You soon returned and sat cautiously next to him and tended to his wounds.

"Ow." he winced "Oh, sorry , honey" you said apologetically . He sent you a small smile . You put a plaster over his wounded forehead and sat up straighter and met his gaze. "Now tell me young man , what exactly happened at school?" You asked a bit firmly

He sighed knowing you wouldn't let it go until he explained himself. "I...got into a fight with one of the guys from the soccer team . He's been picking on Maddison and I the entire week and I finally blew and I let him have it...which brings us to this letter." He opened his backpack and took out an envelope . You took it from him , ripped it open , took out the letter and began reading.

Dear Mr Filler

We write this letter to you in great regret to notify you that Mason has been suspended for the next three days for...

You stopped reading at that."Oh screw them , it was for a good reason." he looked at you with wide eyes "You're not mad ?" You shook your head laughing at his expression . He's expression then turned into a smirk "Then you'll talk to dad for me because he'll have my ass when he finds out about this." He coaxed "Yeah and watch your language young man,now tell me how did it feel beating up that scoundrel." He again sent you a look of surprise before sitting up and fully facing you "but wait." you stopped him "You are not to tell your father I let you get away without a lecture okay or he'll have MY ass."

You two sat there all afternoon laughing as he told you about the fight. Your laughter died down and it was quiet for a few minutes "You're the coolest mom, you know?" Mason said before realizing what he just said "oh um you don't mind if I call you mom do you? You're the closest thing I have to a mother. You practically helped raise me from when mom passed on." He asked his voice getting lower with every word. "Oh not at all honey , I don't mind, in fact it makes me the happiest mother alive." You said pulling him in for hug but still cautious not to hurt him. "You're a pretty cool son yourself Mason" you said breaking away from the embrace causing both of you to break out into fits of laughter.

Little did you know that your husband had gotten home a while ago and witnessed the display of affection shared between you two and it made his heart swell with joy and a stray tear to flow down his cheek before he quickly wiped it off and made his presence known.

"And how is my family this evening." he greeted with a wide grin "Good." you and Mason answered smiling at each other as Mason's smile soon turned into a look of worry. You smiled reassuringly at him before turning to Damon and giving him a kiss. "but the fam has news" you said earning a chuckle from both boys "Really mom fam?" Mason questioned you nodded blushing and hiding in Damon's chest

"The news?" Damon enquired . You grabbed the letter from atop the coffee table and handed it to him. You and Mason sat anticipating his reaction and luckily he handled the news well upon receiving an explanation of course.

................................................................

😍😍😍😍