Chapter 1

I remember watching it.
     We, the four of us, decided the best way to announce it was for Scott and Mitch to do so on Superfruit. It would seem more real and it would be with more emotion where it could be seen just how upset about it they were. That we all were.
     That episode wasn't all that long, four-five minutes max. And it was like a tribute, Kevin and I were going to be on it originally and then we decided not to be, it would all just be too hard.
So we'd already done it, the five of us went three different ways.
     Eventually Kevin moved out, he went to live with his girlfriend. And it wasn't long after that that Esther moved in after her and Darien broke up. Living with Esther wasn't so bad, everything was always very organised and neat, but it wasn't the same as living with Kevin.
     It's been two years and I've done a couple of culinary classes and have a job at this really nice restaurant up the road from my apartment, Mountain-View Barbeque. Now while we serve the best kind of food, we don't actually have a mountain view, just a big mural on the wall.
I still talked to Kevin more than the others. He was working in a hospital now, since that's what he always thought he'd do before Pentatonix. Like me in a way, I always said I'd be in the business of food if it weren't for music. And now here I am, barely having having anything to do with music of any sort, never going out of my way to listen to much, let a lone anything new. My playlists were pretty much the same as they were two years ago not that I even listen to that often.
     When Pentatonix ended that was music and my dream too, they ended for me and so food worked I loved it and as of yet I haven't had any signs of it not loving me back. Food was all I really needed in my life anyway, well food and family.
     I haven't really dated much, I didn't really have to, and I probably should have been thinking about this more, but I haven't. Jess and I are back together, now that there's not really any fans to harass her we decided to give it another shot, eight months and counting-kinda. I really don't know though, being with someone has just made me realise how it easy it was not being with someone. I needed to figure out the best way to tell her that.

"Hey Avi, did you watch the latest Superfruit?" Esther turns to me as I leave the bathroom, toweling my hair. Did I mention I'd cut that too? My hair, yeah I did it so that I would look better wearing beanies again, I'd missed them and then as it turns out Jess doesn't like beanies it was a waste of my time and hair. I'm very disappointed.
    "No, not yet. Why?" I hadn't watched any in a while, and I felt a little bad, but hey it's not like either of them had called me or even sent me a text in a while, seven months Scott, four months Mitch if I'm being exact.
     "Because Kirstie's on it."
     I leap over the arm of the sofa to sit next to her, my landing throwing off her balance almost making her spill her laptop and packet of m&m's. It couldn't possibly be Kirstie, none of us had heard from her in two years.
     "Watch it," she sighs, pulling out her earphones and starting the video again for me.
I actually couldn't believe it, I even pinched myself a couple of time just to make sure. She looked different, it had been two years, but I didn't think the blonde hair was going anywhere.     She was always really defensive about it, I don't know why it's not like any of us ever just went 'hey Kirst we hate the colour of your hair.' One thing we did all know though was that Jeremy liked it blonde, and now it was blue-black, still above her shoulders like the last time I'd seen her. She looked good, and she was smiling with them, they were all laughing and dancing around like the children they were. I couldn't help but smile too.

A/N: One day late, but it was a long day at work yesterday, please forgive me. I hope you like the direction I'm taking this story.

Hannah :)