Chapter Fourteen- The Blue Haired Man

Dedicated to iridescent_xx and hoejimin

ξι

Han by Jonas de Ro

Han by Jonas de Ro.

Sen woke up with a cheery start and proceeded to have a cheery breakfast. He sat in the living room, or whatever the room could be called,  slowly eating Rice Pops from a makeshift bowl and watching the latest news on the TV about his fanatical intentions and violent urges. Haruye soon joined him, clad in a oversized sweatshirt and torn leggings. Something was quite off-putting about her not wearing her signature yellow and red clothing.

"Good night sleep then," Haruye mumbled.

"Yeah, good enough for being in a mysterious skyscraper with a bunch of parkouring rebels," Sen said.

"We'll be going," Akira said brightly, walking towards them and flinging a backpack over her shoulder, "we'll talk underneath the Zephyro bridge and go through further instructions there."

"About what?" Sen asked, "we're not going on some kind of mission, are we?"

"Don't think of it as a mission," Akira spoke cheerily, waving her arm in the air, "think of it as a fun expedition of trying to avoid gun wielding maniacs who want to kill us all."

"That sounds pleasant," Haruye groaned, sinking into her oversized clothes, "I don't think I can run properly, though. My leg still hurts after I sprained it yesterday."

"I know, we'll deal with that," Akira said hastily, flicking her hand upwards in dismissal, "this is important. I'm sorry I can't give you a briefing now but time is of the essence. Quickly, go back up to Chrome's room. Haruye's already changed. We've laid out some clothes for you, Sen. After that meet me back here."

Sen quickly returned, clad in a baggy jumper and oversized sweatpants. Akira lead them down a long ladder and into a musty storage room. She proceeded to slide one of the heavier boxes aside, revealing a small, child sized hole in the wall. Sen didn't see how Akira, a muscular adult, could fit through such a thing but she seemed to do it with ease, sliding through the hole and onto the other side.

Haruye quickly followed. With such a small and slight physique, it was an effortless process for her to get through. Sen was a different matter. In sixty seconds of writhing and pushing, Sen finally managed to gracelessly fall face first onto the wire mesh floor on the other side.

Akira led them to a corroded door at the end of the corridor, unperturbed by Sen's loud groans of pain. She walked towards the door, swinging her foot against it and smashing it open.

"Be careful not to slip," Akira said with a concerned smile, "I hope you guys aren't afraid of heights."

Sen sighed. He was afraid of heights, terrified in fact. Of course they were going to attempt some death defying stunt in the air. With his fists clenched and eyes glued in front of him, Sen followed Akira onto a thin metal beam, hundreds of feet above the ground.